DZM June 2011

BOYD

Jun 12, 2011, 5:52:44 PM6/12/11
to uavuk...@googlegroups.com

I would like to say a huge thank you to all of you that arrived today at the DZM and made the whole day very enjoyable and a huge success!

It was great to meet you all, put some names and faces together and see some great home brew copters. I would like to also thank Nigel & his family for providing a first class venue and some excellent half time refreshment!! Bar-b-qing in a kagool was above and beyond the call of duty!

The weather did just what it said on the tin today, and can only be described as a typical Great British summer, still it made it possible to conduct water testing on many of the copters, and was completed without issue! Even a recovery shoot test at low altitude was not deterred by a little monsoon here and there, a few people even took it upon themselves and decided to help with a spot of pruning at sporadic points around the garden, you know who you are, not mentioning any names….. Dave and William ;)

I had hoped you had all enjoyed the day as much as I had, and reading the comments so far I think I’m safe in thinking that we all did!

I have a feeling DZM the sequel will be in the pipeline some time soon! If you have any thoughts on venues or anything else that could be added to the day please do let me know!

Regards

Martin

Nigel

Jun 13, 2011, 4:36:08 AM6/13/11
to UAV UK Flyers
Just to echo Martin's words - many thanks to everyone who turned up
and made it such a great day.

Andy Shrimpton took lots of pictures which can be found here:

http://www.fapo.co.uk/photos/quad/uav/12june2011/index.htm

Cheers,
Nigel