Matrix Pilot Software

John Kraieski

Feb 8, 2023, 10:52:29 AM2/8/23
to uavdevboard
Can someone point me in a direction as to how to run/use the Matrix Pilot software
to program the UDB5/6mini? I have searched and the best I have found is the UDB4
Quick START GUIDE which is old. TIA

Regards - John

william premerlani

Feb 10, 2023, 11:36:43 AM2/10/23
to uavde...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

Just to be sure, are you referring to the following as the UDB4 quick start guide:?

In any case, the UDB5/6mini can use the latest version of the MatrixPilot software, with the MatrixPilot-udb5.X project. The minis have the same basic hardware design as the UDB5, schematic attached and share the exact same software. Some of the unused pins are not available on the minis and there is no EEPROM, which most users are not using. The connections for I2C for such things as a magnetometer, are solder pads on the underside of the board.

If you have been already programming a UDB5, whatever version of the MicroChip tools you are using will work with the minis.

If you are a new user, you will need to download MPLABX, a C compiler and the "microchip legacy peripheral libraries" from MicroChip.

Although running the compiler will eventually trigger a warning that you do not have a license, don't worry, a license is not needed.

Best regards,
Bill Premerlani

---
UDB5mini.pdf

JOHN KRAIESKI

Feb 10, 2023, 1:05:22 PM2/10/23
to uavde...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Bill,

    I am just starting to try and program the UDB
board and was following the UDB4 pdf. This
pdf mentions a “Matrix Pilot - udb4.mcw” file
which I can’t find however do I need this file
or a UDB5/6 version?

Regards - John

Sent from my iPhone

william premerlani

Feb 10, 2023, 1:18:20 PM2/10/23
to uavde...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,
The reference to “Matrix Pilot - udb4.mcw” was the project definition file when we were using MicroChip's MPLAB IDE.
We are now using MicroChip's MPLABX, which uses MatrixPilot-udb5.X as the project definition file.
So, if you do not have MPLABX, you will need to download and install it, as well as the legacy peripheral library, to compile the latest version of the MatriPilot source code.
By the way, I am not sure what pdf file you are looking at. Could you either send me a copy of your file or a link to where you got it?
Best regards,
Bill

jkra...@aol.com

Feb 10, 2023, 1:43:09 PM2/10/23