Experimenting with Synchronizing gentlenav.googlecode.com/svn to github

Peter Hollands

May 4, 2015, 1:45:35 PM5/4/15
to uavdevb...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

It could be a sensible idea would be to synchronise our repository on googlecode to that on github on a regular basis.

I found a good recipe for that at this location. The tutorial is migrating to a git hosting website called "bitbucket". I have  migrated to "github."

I have bought over all of the history of trunk, the branches and the tags. I have not moved over the wiki. The whole process took about 1.5 hours initially.

If you want to see the resulting experimental repository, matrixpilot, under my account at github.

When some more commits are made to svn at gentlenav.googlecode.com I will test the synchronisation over to github.

The automatic button for exporting to github from Googlecode has not been working for our site. So I am somewhat relieved that the manual export procedure has worked. At least I now know that the bulk of our site (minus our wiki) can still be moved over without errors.

Best wishes, Pete

Peter Hollands

May 19, 2015, 9:47:52 AM5/19/15
to uavdevb...@googlegroups.com
Just to say that on return from my holiday, I have tested  "synchronising" matrixpilot on Github  with Matrixpilot on GoogleCode  subversion. It too a couple of minutes.
It seems to have worked from my first inspections.

Robert, I would be grateful if you could take a look at your  recent commits, and confirm whether you think whether the newer commits are transferring to github correctly.

In Github, Commits are only shown under their relative branch. So you may need to select a branch, before inspecting the list of commits. (as in the enclosed screenshot).

Best wishes, Pete

Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 14.45.20.png