Moving the Wiki to Github.

Peter Hollands

Jun 2, 2015, 10:49:21 AM6/2/15
to uavdevb...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

I have been experimenting with moving the googlecode Wiki to github. You can see some test pages here.

The Good News:-
  • It is possible to keep the complete history of the wiki.
  • It is possible to automate a large part of the change from Google's markup to a markup understood by Github which then displays as web pages.
  • It is possible to automate the addition of a table of contents sidebar
The Ragged Edges:-
  • The links to anywhere on GoogleCode will need to changed to another location. e.g. All links to actual code.
  • The Download pages will need to moved to a new location, and then their links updated.
  • The actual text of the Wiki will need updating anyway. (Many pages are out of date).
For now the linked Wiki is just a test environment to understand one more of our options.

Any comments welcome.

Best wishes, Pete

William Premerlani

Jun 2, 2015, 11:13:40 AM6/2/15
to uavdevboard-dev
Peter,
My only comment is that I very much appreciate the work that you and the rest of the team is doing to migrate MatrixPilot.
Thank you very much.
For my part, I have (hopefully) finished up the implementation of helical turn controls. Next items on my list are to finish the documentation, and then to help Robert port it to trunk.
Best regards,
Bill