Is the DSDL compiler compatible with libcanard library?

f201...@goa.bits-pilani.ac.in

Mar 23, 2018, 7:34:16 AM3/23/18
to UAVCAN
Hi,
I am using libcanard library. I wanted to auto-generate serialization and deserialization code for a custom data structure by using dsdl compiler.
However, the code generated is in C++ and I wanted C code for this purpose. Is there any resource available or I need to wride code for this ?

Pavel Kirienko

Mar 24, 2018, 10:18:03 AM3/24/18
to f201...@goa.bits-pilani.ac.in, UAVCAN, mr.cha...@gmail.com
Hi,

Unfortunately, Libcanard currently does not support automatic message generation, so you'll have to serialize and deserialize your messages manually. This demo application shows how to do that: https://github.com/UAVCAN/libcanard/blob/master/tests/demo.c and also here

I also heard about certain efforts in this direction made by Jonathan Challinger, though I don't have any first-hand experience with his solution https://github.com/OpenMotorDrive/framework/tree/master/modules/uavcan/canard_dsdlc

Pavel.