Publisher Up Time issue

CyberMerln

Aug 27, 2018, 2:33:42 PM8/27/18
to UAVCAN
Do not know if this a driver or flexcan issue so I am posing the question here.

In testing a Flexcan library and a new version of the FlexCan library we noticed that after about 1 hour or so the valid messages stop being received the by the subscriber.  With the new version if we reboot the publisher or subscriber it starts right up again receiving valid messages.  With the old version have to reboot the publisher.  We are using the GNSS message with dummy data as the test message.  Message goes out every 100ms?

The question is what has anyone tested Node uptimes or is there a test limit that we need to pass for the new library. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Respectfully
Mike

Pavel Kirienko

Aug 27, 2018, 2:36:57 PM8/27/18
to cyber...@gmail.com, uav...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a driver issue. Please collect a CAN dump and post it here for evaluation.

Pavel.

CyberMerln

Aug 27, 2018, 2:53:36 PM8/27/18
to UAVCAN
What kind of CAN dump do you need?

Pavel Kirienko

Aug 27, 2018, 3:07:14 PM8/27/18
to cyber...@gmail.com, uav...@googlegroups.com
Record what happens on the bus when this condition is reached:

> In testing a Flexcan library and a new version of the FlexCan library we noticed that after about 1 hour or so the valid messages stop being received the by the subscriber.

Pavel.

CyberMerln

Aug 27, 2018, 3:17:21 PM8/27/18
to UAVCAN
Got it.  Reason why I ask is I can dump a lot of data and don't want to overload you with data :)

CyberMerln

Aug 28, 2018, 11:16:54 AM8/28/18
to UAVCAN
Still working it - too much data overloading my usb port.  But that neither here or there. And still trying to isolate the problem at the same time.  Think there may be an issue with the current clock driver that was being implemented with the library I am using for UAVcan.  I think this may be causing problems.  Want to replace it with the one that you posted on GITHUB for the libuavcan-kinetis (uses the pit timers) but having some challenges implementing it.  I will post my questions on that on the GitHub issue tracker. Unless you want me to do that here.

Thanks
Mike

Pavel Kirienko

Aug 28, 2018, 11:19:23 AM8/28/18
to cyber...@gmail.com, uav...@googlegroups.com
Sure, feel free to post your questions on Github. Note that the FlexCAN driver was contributed by David Sidrane, I did not write any of it.

Pavel.

CyberMerln

Aug 28, 2018, 11:48:32 AM8/28/18
to UAVCAN
Thanks.  Mostly a question of implementation of the clock.  I realize that David S. wrote the driver and went to his GitHub page but he doesn't have a copy driver on his page.  So can't post over there.  The questions are real simple. :)