UAVcan Gimbal Control with 2 Teensies.

CyberMerln

Sep 2, 2018, 2:44:44 PM9/2/18
to UAVCAN
Finally got everything together to hook up a 2-axis gimbal with a simpleBGC controller clone to test out controlling it over UAVcan.  I had to subvert the quaternion gimbal message to do it though - didn't feel like generating a custom message :).   I posted a quick demo of it on youtube: https://youtu.be/eOAdpgBizgQ.

I am using a T3.2 I the video attached to laptop and a T3.6 as the Gimbal node  The 3.6 is standalone and run off 5v from the controller from a 11.8v lipo battery.  It does use a slightly modified version of the Basecom's simpleBGC Serial API.  Still have to post the sources on GitHub.  If you are interested check it out.

Cheers
Mike