Re: [uat-users] using the UAT

Katie Frey

Dec 5, 2013, 5:06:25 PM12/5/13
to uat-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Claudia,

I apologies for the late reply, this was tacked onto the bottom of an unrelated conversation in my email for some reason and I've just now seen it.

You could perhaps ingest the UAT into whatever system you are currently using to manage and assign keywords?  Without more detail I'm not sure where I could point you for more information.

We have the UAT available in a few different formats that may be of use for your in your library.  You can find information on that here:
http://astrothesaurus.org/thesaurus/
This includes the UAT in an RDF/SKOS file and a json file.

If you need the UAT in a specific format, let me know and I might be able to help you out, it would just depend on the format.

Lastly, we would be very interested to learn more about how you plan to use the UAT!

Best regards,
Katie

--
Katie E. Frey
John G. Wolbach Library

http://astrothesaurus.org
http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/lib/
http://www.adsabs.harvard.edu/

"Surprising what you can dig out of books if you read long enough, isn’t it?”
- Rand al'Thor (in Robert Jordan's The Shadow Rising, Book Four of the Wheel of Time)

Claudia Boeris <cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear All,

I am thinking about starting using UAT.

In our library we assign keywords and I would like to ask your opinion about this point. Could you give me some tips to starting use UAT?

Thank you from Argentina!

Claudia Boeris
Instituto Argentino de Radioastronomía
Conicet