UAT API url update

Katie Frey

Oct 28, 2022, 12:39:18 PM10/28/22
to uat-...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

If you are currently using the UAT's Linked Data API platform provided by the ARDC, I wanted to let you know that the URI domain name has changed.

On November 5th the current domain name used by the Linked Data API (vocabs.ands.org.au) will cease to function and queries to the Linked Data API will need to use the new domain name (vocabs.ardc.edu.au) instead.

If you only use UAT URIs (e.g. https://astrothesaurus.org/uat/1234) then no change is needed.  We have updated the URI redirect to point to the new domain for the Linked Data API.

However, if you are making queries directly to the Linked Data API you will need to change to the new domain name in your scripts.

For example, if you are searching for a concept that has “photometry” in any label, you might use an API call like this:

By November 5th, the domain name in the API call needs to be updated like this:

Best wishes,
Katie

--
Katie E. Frey
(she/her)

Curator of the Unified Astronomy Thesaurus
John G. Wolbach Library
Center for Astrophysics | Harvard & Smithsonian

60 Garden Street | MS 56 | Cambridge, MA 02138
email: kf...@cfa.harvard.edu   |   phone: 617-496-7579
http://library.cfa.harvard.edu/    |   http://astrothesaurus.org

"Surprising what you can dig out of books if you read long enough, isn’t it?"
- Rand al'Thor (in Robert Jordan's The Shadow Rising, Book Four of the Wheel of Time)

"This is insanity!"   "No, this is scholarship!"
- Yalb and Shallan (in Brandon Sanderson's Words of Radiance, Book Two of the Stormlight Archive)