Ideas for Veterans Day?

UAlbany Veterans

Oct 22, 2009, 7:11:23 PM10/22/09
to UAlbany_Veterans
Any ideas out there for celebrating Veterans Day, on campus?

sj24...@albany.edu

Oct 22, 2009, 7:50:23 PM10/22/09
to UAlbany Veterans, UAlbany_Veterans
Hey Vets,
I was thinking perhaps we could wear yellow ribbons (like the pink ones
for breast cancer) to show signs that we support our troops during
Veterans Day. If people are interested we could make up a bunch of them
and even hand them out at a table during the day if the campus will allow
us. I figure that's a good way to get our name out there. What do you all
think?

R/
Schuyler Jackson

UAlbany Veterans

Oct 23, 2009, 9:09:31 AM10/23/09
to UAlbany_Veterans
Schuyler --

I think the ribbons are a pretty good idea. Table would be good
too ... we'll have to see about that.

Victor

Kate Hoit

Oct 23, 2009, 9:18:15 AM10/23/09
to UAlbany Veterans, UAlbany_Veterans
I agree about the ribbons. I'll buy the ribbon and put them together..whatever needs to be done. I know at HVCC they are having a flag ceremony and the VFW will be giving a speech.

I think we can't forget this is going to be foreign to UAlbany. I've been here for two years and have never seen anything done for veterans day. If all else fails, I say do something simple...wear a sweatshirt or t-shirt that says your what military branch you were in. Anything to show we are here.

Maybe we can get UAlb veterans tshirts made. :)

jl13...@albany.edu

Oct 23, 2009, 1:49:45 PM10/23/09
to Kate Hoit, UAlbany Veterans, UAlbany_Veterans
> Hey all,

I concur that the ribbons are a great idea. It is simple. Also, to
go along with Kate's idea, I think the ribbons should be worn in
conjunction with whatever military paraphernalia that you own.
As for t-shirts, that is also a good idea, but i think that may have
to wait until we can establish some funding.
Keep the ideas rolling in. Talk to everyone later.

Josh Kaplan USMC