17XX REU test disk

Terry Raymond

Dec 4, 2013, 4:22:36 PM12/4/13
to u-IEC Users Group
Hi all,

I know this is a little of topic so I apoligize but:

Where could I find either an original disk or download for:

17XX REU test disk.

I need to see if the REU is recognized and see if it shows how much RAM is
present.  Mine of course before this only had 256K and has 8 empty
slots for adding more RAM chips.

I soldered in 8 16 pin sockets and plugged the RAM chips in, the article I found online stated that soldering in the RAM chips can fry them, so I took this precaution.

Thanks all sorry for being off topic, not much going on in Homestead and figured I could get a response here.

Terry Raymond

Message has been deleted

Chris Syntichakis

Dec 8, 2013, 3:45:57 PM12/8/13
to uIEC-...@googlegroups.com

On 8 December 2013 19:25, TacKer <kiip...@gmail.com> wrote:
I briefly looked around the Internet for a PDF of the Commodore manual that goes with 17XX RAM REU but was unable to locate one.

I don't know if the .txt version is ok for you..

--
>> Real RPN users keep track of their stacks in their heads

Chris Syntichakis

Dec 8, 2013, 3:48:26 PM12/8/13
to uIEC-...@googlegroups.com

On 8 December 2013 19:25, TacKer <kiip...@gmail.com> wrote:
Attached is a D64 image of the "1700/1750 RAM Expansion Test/Demonstration Disk," version 1.0, dated 12/5/85, by Commodore Business Machines, Inc.  The other side of the disk consists of a CP/M System Disk.  This disk was inserted in a used 1571 disk drive that was purchased back in the 1990's!  I figured some day someone would have a need for it.  The image was made using a 1571, a ZoomFloopy, and CBMXfer.

I briefly looked around the Internet for a PDF of the Commodore manual that goes with 17XX RAM REU but was unable to locate one.

RETRO Innovations

Dec 8, 2013, 5:19:15 PM12/8/13
to uIEC-...@googlegroups.com
On 12/8/2013 1:25 PM, TacKer wrote:
> Attached is a D64 image of the "1700/1750 RAM Expansion
> Test/Demonstration Disk," version 1.0, dated 12/5/85, by Commodore
> Business Machines, Inc. The other side of the disk consists of a CP/M
> System Disk. This disk was inserted in a used 1571 disk drive that
> was purchased back in the 1990's! I figured some day someone would
> have a need for it. The image was made using a 1571, a ZoomFloopy,
> and CBMXfer.
Not to diminish the effort, and I appreciate the use of ZoomFloppy, but
I'd always encourage folks to check before going to the effort:

http://www.cbm8bit.com/8bit/commodore/server/8bitFiles%20cbm-8bits/browse/c64/applications/%5BTESTDISKS%5D

Also, to help the most people, please consider uploading any D64 images
to some archive and posting a link here. That way, the binary is not
tied directly to this list/group. As well, some people don't prefer
large images/binaries in a discussion group...

Jim

TacKer

Dec 8, 2013, 7:23:08 PM12/8/13
to uIEC-...@googlegroups.com
OK.  I deleted the post as I was unable to figure out how to edit the original post.

Terry Raymond

Dec 9, 2013, 3:32:05 PM12/9/13
to u-IEC Users Group
Hey Chris,

Ray Carlson has the 17XX REU user manual on his website.

Terry Raymond

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 5:23 PM, TacKer <kiip...@gmail.com> wrote:
OK.  I deleted the post as I was unable to figure out how to edit the original post.

Raymond

Jun 20, 2016, 8:00:30 AM6/20/16
to µIEC Users Discussion Group, uiec-...@googlegroups.com, traym...@gmail.com
Wow I have to look for my disk. I put RUE's to 2GB or lower a lot back in the day and I sent out a 1541 disk and I from what I remember had a test program in it I modded to work up to 2GB or more.

I will look for it and make a .D64 of it. Going to be hard to find.

-Raymond Day

Raymond

Jun 20, 2016, 12:44:22 PM6/20/16
to µIEC Users Discussion Group, uiec-...@googlegroups.com, traym...@gmail.com

Chris Syntichakis

Jun 20, 2016, 12:49:29 PM6/20/16
to uIEC-...@googlegroups.com
there is a REU tester on csdb

Sent from my 486DX

Raymond

Jun 20, 2016, 1:00:34 PM6/20/16
to µIEC Users Discussion Group, uiec-...@googlegroups.com, traym...@gmail.com
I made a program long ago and put it on my over 512K REU 1541 disk and I sent it out to people. The file is named "how big is reu" only 1 block long.

It has a lot of files of mine on it. The program loads a little machine language code. I will Attach side 2 of the 1541 disk that has the "how big is reu" file I made long ago on it. It has text files and other things on it too from Q-Link way back then to and from me.

I wanted to just save the file but not sure how to do that easy but a D64 of the hole disc is easy.

-Raymond Day
2mb-reu-s2.d64

Raymond

Jun 20, 2016, 2:53:20 PM6/20/16
to µIEC Users Discussion Group, uiec-...@googlegroups.com, traym...@gmail.com
Tested the "how big is reu" in VICE and it can do up to 8192K but can't the 16384K one. Back then I never thought any one could expand there REU that big.

 -Raymond Day

Raymond

Jun 20, 2016, 5:02:27 PM6/20/16
to µIEC Users Discussion Group, uiec-...@googlegroups.com, traym...@gmail.com
Found a way to just get the one "how big is reu.prg" I will Attach it here:

-Raymond Day
how big is reu.prg