tzdata attacked by Astrolabe Inc. with lawsuit

Jules Descartes

Oct 6, 2011, 7:30:05 PM10/6/11
to tzdata history
It seems that tzdata mailing list has been temporarily shut down due
to a lawsuit by Astrolabe against Olson and Eggert.
Slashdot carries many details.
http://yro.slashdot.org/story/11/10/06/1743226/civil-suit-filed-involving-the-time-zone-database

See the relevant posting within the long thread
http://yro.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=2463504&cid=37628932

I predict Astrolabe is going to end up with a bloody nose and egg on
their face.
The tzdata community project will prevails and be stronger after it.

Gour

Nov 5, 2011, 4:40:43 AM11/5/11
to tzdata-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 16:30:05 -0700 (PDT)
Jules Descartes <descart...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems that tzdata mailing list has been temporarily shut down due
> to a lawsuit by Astrolabe against Olson and Eggert.

Anyone knows what's going on with this issue?

I see that the traffic on this list is stalled...

Sincerely,
Gour

--
As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body,
from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes

signature.asc