history analysis of tzdata file australasia

Alois Treindl

Sep 3, 2011, 8:22:55 AM9/3/11
to tzdata-...@googlegroups.com
I have analyzed tzdata/australasia which covers Australia, Newzealand
and many Pacific islands.

The file is probably historically complete and no new zones are needed.
Some research is required to compare the zones for Australia with
Shanks, who has effectively less zones there.

australasia_hist.txt

Alois Treindl

Sep 8, 2011, 8:55:58 AM9/8/11
to tzdata-...@googlegroups.com
Somebody asked me whether the question regarding timezone on TONGA
island between 1968 and 1999 is really relevant (there is a difference
of 40 minutes between Shanks and current tzdata during these 32 years).

I have looked into astro.com database how many births we have in this
Pacific island.

We have 100 different natal data in the current database, and more than
half of them are born in the period in question. These are a lot of
charts! I have written to the government of the island already some days
ago and hope to get a reply soon.