Can You View A Pdf On A Kindle

Roser Blazado

Jun 30, 2024, 11:10:34 AM (2 days ago) Jun 30
to tysanbitee

Not exactly what you are looking for but maybe this will be sufficient. When you are in the library on your Kindle, to the right of the title there are three little dots. Click/touch that and then select the option that shows the book in the Amazon store. That gets you to the Amazon page with the description, reviews, etc. I just figured this out myself. I wish it was easier than that -- just gives us the "back cover" of the book.

Go pass the customer reviews and you will see Product Description. This is where you will find the book description now. Why they moved them is a mystery to me. Before I download a book, I want a small description

OverDrive uses cookies and similar technologies to improve your experience, monitor our performance, and understand overall usage trends for OverDrive services (including OverDrive websites and apps). We use this information to create a better experience for all users. Please review the types of cookies we use below.

These cookies allow us to monitor OverDrive's performance and reliability. They alert us when OverDrive services are not working as expected. Without these cookies, we won't know if you have any performance-related issues that we may be able to address.

These cookies help us understand user behavior within our services. For example, they let us know which features and sections are most popular. This information helps us design a better experience for all users.

How can I change from two column view to one column view? I can do it by increasing font size but only to the very largest font. Incredibly annoying, the page format changed just as I was getting near the end of a very good book.

When I launched the Kindle app and logged in to my Amazon account, I could see a list of the Kindle books I had previously purchased, in the "Cloud" view. I clicked on one of the books, it downloaded, and I got into the full-screen reading mode. If I move my mouse pointer to be in the left side of the screen, I can see a "left" icon appear to change the page; and similarly for the right side of the screen. I can select text to create highlights, etc.

So, to get back to the library view, where should I place my mouse pointer, and where should I click? Is there a gesture I need to do? Do I need to use the keyboard? Is there a manual or online help for the Kindle app for Windows 8? Feeling like a fish out of water with this modern UI app ;-) Thanks.

In Modern UI apps, there are often important actions and options in menus on the top and bottom of the screen that only show up when you right-click. One of those options lets you go back to your library.

The Signature has 32 gigabytes of storage and the Standard has 16 gigs (there's no longer an 8-gig Kindle). If you mostly listen to audiobooks, you may want to go for the Signature, since those tend to take up more room. But both storage options equals thousands of books and you can always just clean out your backlog; you can remove a book from your device without deleting it entirely from your Amazon account. The 2021 Paperwhites all have USB-C charging, and the Signature supports wireless charging.

The difference between Kindle models is not as stark anymore, so you'll probably be happy with whatever price point you prefer. This base Kindle was finally updated in 2022 and is the cheapest one at $100. It's the smallest of the lot at 6.2 inches tall and 4.3 inches wide, with a 6-inch screen (the same screen size as the Kindle Kids). If you find tablets too cumbersome to hold with one hand, consider this one.

The price increased by $10 from the last version, but it doubled the storage from 8 gigabytes to 16, and the screen is a 300-pixel-per-inch (PPI) resolution versus the old one's 197 PPI. It gets the same USB-C port for charging as the Paperwhite models, and it charges quickly. However, it's not waterproof, and it doesn't get warm lighting or auto-adjusting light.

The enormous 10.2-inch screen is ideal for taking notes, marking up PDFs, or drawing, and there are numerous paper formats you can choose, like college-ruled or dotted. The screen size does make reading easy too, especially if you need to increase the font size, but it takes away some of its portability if you prefer to keep an e-reader in your pocket or small purse. There are 16-, 32-, and 64-gigabyte options. Since it was released, Amazon has updated it with additional brush types, a convert-to-text in export tool, and better page navigation and subfolders. Weirdly, it's not waterproof like the other pricier Kindles.

The 2021 Paperwhites include a 16-gigabyte Kids Edition, which brings a bigger and sleeker screen, more lighting options, and IPX8 water resistance for the first time over the original Kindle Kids Edition. The rest of the features are pretty much the same as the new Kindle Paperwhite, except you'll get a year's subscription to Amazon Kids+, a kid-friendly content library with parental controls. It also comes with a case and a two-year no-questions-asked replacement guarantee. If your kid smashes it just once, you get your money back.

If you're going to get your kid an entertainment device, an ebook reader that doesn't have access to social media is a safer choice. There is a web browser, but it's restricted by default (you can completely disable it too).

Kindles are, thankfully, not as fragile as our pricey smartphones, but you may still want to add a cover to protect the screen if you're frequently toting it around in a bag. These are meant mostly to add some protection from minor bumps, but they're not padded for serious drops. If you get a Kids Edition, those come with a case already.

Some older Kindles lost the ability to browse, purchase, or borrow new books directly from the device. However, you'll still be able to do so on Amazon.com on your computer or phone and have it sent to your Kindle, which is a better experience anyway. According to the company, the models affected are the Kindle 2nd Generation (International), Kindle DX International, Kindle DX Graphite, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th Generation, and Kindle 5th Generation.

You may want to subscribe to Kindle Unlimited for $12 a month. You can only choose from the Unlimited catalog, but there are millions of titles there, including audiobooks and magazines. Start out with the 30-day free trial. Since I got into romance thanks to #BookTok, this has been incredibly rewarding and I typically hate paying a membership for anything.

If you already pay for a Prime account, you're eligible for some free ebooks through Prime Reading. There are not as many options as with Kindle Unlimited, and in a lot of cases you'll see both Unlimited and Prime options lumped together, so you'll have to look closely to find the free ones. But it's still something, and there are even some magazines included.

But if you don't want another monthly subscription and don't want to continue giving your money to Amazon, take advantage of ebooks available with your library card. Browsing a digital catalog is not as magical as spending an afternoon looking over every shelf in a library, but such is the ebook life (no one says you can't read both!). We have a detailed how-to on this that you should check out, but here are some of the takeaways:

If you know someone else with a Kindle, you can lend books between your libraries, just as you would with a physical copy. Follow these instructions from Amazon to do so, and keep in mind not all books can be loaned.

Kindles have helpful features that you may want to take advantage of it. Long-press a word or phrase to see its definition, highlight it, or take notes. You can also search the entire book for that particular word or phrase or translate it to or from other languages.

Word Wise shows short definitions in small text within the lines. Unfortunately, it's not available for all books, but when it is, you can turn it on or off and choose more and fewer hints. Clicking the short definition opens a longer one from Word Wise and the New Oxford American Dictionary or Oxford Dictionary of English (you can switch between the two), plus translations, and a Wikipedia page, if applicable.

When a Kindle is connected to a Bluetooth speaker or headphones, VoiceView Screen Reader (accessed through Settings > Accessibility) allows you to use gestures to navigate your device and reads aloud what you've pressed. It will also read a book aloud, though it doesn't sound nearly as nice as an audiobook does.

Amazon owns Goodreads, so it syncs seamlessly to Kindles (press the three-dot menu > Goodreads). If you have a Goodreads account, you can review the Kindle books you've read or browse your bookshelf and recommendations. Long-pressing a word or phrase, in addition to what is mentioned above, opens up an option to share quotes directly to Goodreads.

Since getting my kindle fire I have viewed web pages regularly. I have never had any problems until now. My kindle fire allows me to pull the web page up and read the text but if there is a pictures the box stays white and the picture wont pull up. Its really aggrivating could someone please help???

I have the exact same problem with a very sudden onset! Although it's 2020 now, I have the fire hd 8. The show image option seems non existant..i can't locate it ANYWHERE! I did the factory reset and apparently,enough my kindle has a regular backup schedule and showed a recent backup...nothing was actually backed up. So...I lost a lot of content AND it did not bring back my ability to load images. The odd thing is,this is a problem usually occurring on shopping sites like hsn,acc etc the scrolling ads show up but merchandise images do not. I get a white square and place holder right after the images flash on the screen. I attempted to use a different browser, got firefox, it works but so slowly you'd think I'm on a landline dial up! I have the highest upload speeds available in my area and we use xbox with no speed issues,watch movies with no issues but loading images on the kindle?...nope! Can anyone help please?? Thanks!

d3342ee215