[Tyrs] 0.2.2 Release

Nicolas Paris

May 25, 2011, 9:17:50 AM5/25/11
to ty...@googlegroups.com
Here come a new release,

lots of changes inside the code, buffers list are review, better
bolding support, and a « activities bar ».

Changelog:

* Version 0.2.2 -- 2011-05-25

* Managment of differents timelimes review
* Empty spaces bug in tweets fixed
* Control keys enable in configuration file - issue #18
* Bold colors enable and easely configurable
* Current tweet color added
* Buffer activities conter added (need improvement)
* Refactoring codes

Enjoy,
Nicolas.

jasonwryan

May 25, 2011, 7:59:50 PM5/25/11
to Tyrs
On May 26, 1:17 am, Nicolas Paris <nicolas.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here come a new release,
>
> lots of changes inside the code, buffers list are review, better
> bolding support, and a « activities bar ».

Thanks Nicolas. Nice work.

A couple of really minor issues.

1. I can only set the color of the current tweet in config.py -
setting it in $XDG_HOME_CONFIG/tyrs/tyrs.cfg has no effect
2. Relatedly, the line in [colors] has to read: bold = current_tweet

I am also happy to submit patches for the documentation, if you'd like
to let me know how you prefer them.

Cheers,

/J

Nicolas

May 26, 2011, 9:56:26 AM5/26/11
to ty...@googlegroups.com
2011/5/26 jasonwryan <jason...@gmail.com>
On May 26, 1:17 am, Nicolas Paris <nicolas.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here come a new release,
>
> lots of changes inside the code, buffers list are review, better
> bolding support, and a « activities bar ».

Thanks Nicolas. Nice work.

A couple of really minor issues.

1. I can only set the color of the current tweet in config.py -
setting it in $XDG_HOME_CONFIG/tyrs/tyrs.cfg has no effect
2. Relatedly, the line in [colors] has to read: bold = current_tweet

It was my fault, I started with just "current" to change my mind with
"current_tweet", the reason is there will be a "current_tab" after so I throught
it would be easier to be more specific in the param, the things is, I forgot to
update the doc, now it's done, I check, if you put "current_tweet = 3" in your
configuration file, it will change the color. (both issue was related indeed)
Thanks to reported it.

I am also happy to submit patches for the documentation, if you'd like
to let me know how you prefer them.

I will be more than please to accept any patches of any kind, specialy for
documentation as my english is not that good...

Cheers,

/J

I'm sorry for the delay of the answer, I had fiew stuff to take care of, I'll do
my best to respond reactively.

Regards

Jason Ryan

May 27, 2011, 10:26:34 PM5/27/11
to ty...@googlegroups.com

Diego Jose Torrealba Bravo

May 28, 2011, 10:21:33 AM5/28/11
to ty...@googlegroups.com

2011/5/27 Jason Ryan <jason...@gmail.com>

What terminal app are you using? It could be a problem with the term emulator.
But that would be a nice feature, if tyrs is open in tmux (or gnu screen) in two terms and one of them is resized, there is something left y tyrs, lines of the tweet boxes are being left behind and a redrawn option could help
Tyrs is getting big, it already have 2 fanboys :-D

Nicolas Paris

May 28, 2011, 11:27:56 AM5/28/11
to Tyrs
On May 28, 4:21 pm, Diego Jose Torrealba Bravo
<diegoxter1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/5/27 Jason Ryan <jasonwr...@gmail.com>
> > On 27/05/11 01:56, Nicolas wrote:
> > > 2011/5/26 jasonwryan <jasonwr...@gmail.com <mailto:jasonwr...@gmail.com
> > >     On May 26, 1:17 am, Nicolas Paris <nicolas.c...@gmail.com
> > >     <mailto:nicolas.c...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> > >     > Here come a new release,
>
> > >     > lots of changes inside the code, buffers list are review, better
> > >     > bolding support, and a « activities bar ».
>
> > Hi Nicolas,
>
> > I use tyrs in a tiling WM and whenever the pane is resized (for example,
> > if I open a link and the new browser instance pushes tyrs down the
> > stack), then upon returning to it's original size there are artifacts
> > left on the screen that can only be removed by quitting tyrs.
>
> > Would it be possible to have a redraw option -- like ^L?
>
> > Cheers,
>
> > /J
>
> What terminal app are you using? It could be a problem with the term
> emulator.
> But that would be a nice feature, if tyrs is open in tmux (or gnu screen) in
> two terms and one of them is resized, there is something left y tyrs, lines
> of the tweet boxes are being left behind and a redrawn option could help
> Tyrs is getting big, it already have 2 fanboys :-D

This is done, with ^L (ctrl-l) like suggest. Could be usefull indeed.
Thanks.