[Tyrs] Release 0.2.1

Nicolas Paris

May 22, 2011, 8:52:31 PM5/22/11
to ty...@googlegroups.com
This release come with some usefull features, like the possibility to
follow mentions tweets and reply to them.

Here the changelog

* Version 0.2.1 -- 2011-05-23

* Direct messages in/out 'd', 'D' - issue #7
* Mentions tweets timeline 'm' - issue #12
* Reply to a tweet 'M'
* Search 's'

Check the website for full details (download and installs).

jasonwryan

May 23, 2011, 8:06:44 PM5/23/11
to Tyrs

On May 22, 8:52 pm, Nicolas Paris <nicolas.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This release come with some usefull features, like the possibility to
> follow mentions tweets and reply to them.

Thanks Nicolas. I have a couple of questions:

It isn't possible to use other modifiers in the keys map, eg, Ctrl-r,
or am I doing it wrong?

Is there any way to use bold colours, other than RGB?

Cheers,

/J

jasonwryan

May 23, 2011, 8:07:19 PM5/23/11
to Tyrs

On May 22, 8:52 pm, Nicolas Paris <nicolas.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This release come with some usefull features, like the possibility to
> follow mentions tweets and reply to them.

Nicolas Paris

May 23, 2011, 10:15:09 PM5/23/11
to ty...@googlegroups.com
Le Mon, 23 May 2011 17:07:19 -0700 (PDT),
jasonwryan <jason...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On May 22, 8:52 pm, Nicolas Paris <nicolas.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This release come with some usefull features, like the possibility
> > to follow mentions tweets and reply to them.
>
> Thanks Nicolas. I have a couple of questions:
>
> It isn't possible to use other modifiers in the keys map, eg, Ctrl-r,
> or am I doing it wrong?

So far, I don't think it's possible without changing some code, but I
think it's a realy good idea, i haven't thought about it. I'll try to
come up with something to enable this in the configuration file within
fiew days.
I put it on github https://github.com/Nic0/tyrs/issues/18

> Is there any way to use bold colours, other than RGB?
>
> Cheers,
>
> /J

I don't think RGB colors can be bold, but in case we don't wan't use
them, it would be nice to have some bold colors, (might be more verbose
to write it). I will try to do something about it, but i'll start
probably with the ctrl-r first.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Jason Ryan

May 23, 2011, 10:45:15 PM5/23/11
to ty...@googlegroups.com
On 24/05/11 at 04:15am, Nicolas Paris wrote:
> Le Mon, 23 May 2011 17:07:19 -0700 (PDT),
> jasonwryan <jason...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>

> > On May 22, 8:52 pm, Nicolas Paris <nicolas.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > This release come with some usefull features, like the possibility
> > > to follow mentions tweets and reply to them.
> >
> > Thanks Nicolas. I have a couple of questions:
> >
> > It isn't possible to use other modifiers in the keys map, eg, Ctrl-r,
> > or am I doing it wrong?
>
> So far, I don't think it's possible without changing some code, but I
> think it's a realy good idea, i haven't thought about it. I'll try to
> come up with something to enable this in the configuration file within
> fiew days.
> I put it on github https://github.com/Nic0/tyrs/issues/18

Awesome! Thank you.

> > Is there any way to use bold colours, other than RGB?
>

> I don't think RGB colors can be bold, but in case we don't wan't use
> them, it would be nice to have some bold colors, (might be more verbose
> to write it). I will try to do something about it, but i'll start
> probably with the ctrl-r first.

I tried hacking in uiTyrs.py and appending A_BOLD to the pair call, with no luck (I have no
python skills at all). But something like that would be very nice.

Cheers,

--

Jason Ryan
http://jasonwryan.com/

Nicolas Paris

May 23, 2011, 10:51:33 PM5/23/11
to ty...@googlegroups.com
Le Tue, 24 May 2011 14:45:15 +1200,
Jason Ryan <jason...@gmail.com> a écrit :

It was enable on the ~1.3 version (there some tag on github), code for
enable bold are like for exemple :
def displayWarningMsg (self, msg):
self.screen.addstr(0, 3, msg,
curses.color_pair(self.conf.color_warning_msg)
| curses.A_BOLD)

The trick is the « | » stuff.

Regards,

Jason Ryan

May 23, 2011, 11:07:22 PM5/23/11
to ty...@googlegroups.com
On 24/05/11 at 04:51am, Nicolas Paris wrote:
> Le Tue, 24 May 2011 14:45:15 +1200,
> Jason Ryan <jason...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> > I tried hacking in uiTyrs.py and appending A_BOLD to the pair call,
> > with no luck (I have no python skills at all). But something like
> > that would be very nice.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >

> It was enable on the ~1.3 version (there some tag on github), code for
> enable bold are like for exemple :
> def displayWarningMsg (self, msg):
> self.screen.addstr(0, 3, msg,
> curses.color_pair(self.conf.color_warning_msg)
> | curses.A_BOLD)
>
> The trick is the « | » stuff.

That did it! Worked a treat - thank you.

> Regards,

Nicolas Paris

May 24, 2011, 12:20:17 PM5/24/11
to ty...@googlegroups.com
Le Tue, 24 May 2011 15:07:22 +1200,

Jason Ryan <jason...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On 24/05/11 at 04:51am, Nicolas Paris wrote:
> > Le Tue, 24 May 2011 14:45:15 +1200,
> > Jason Ryan <jason...@gmail.com> a écrit :
> >
> > > I tried hacking in uiTyrs.py and appending A_BOLD to the pair
> > > call, with no luck (I have no python skills at all). But
> > > something like that would be very nice.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >

> > It was enable on the ~1.3 version (there some tag on github), code
> > for enable bold are like for exemple :
> > def displayWarningMsg (self, msg):
> > self.screen.addstr(0, 3, msg,
> > curses.color_pair(self.conf.color_warning_msg)
> > | curses.A_BOLD)
> >
> > The trick is the « | » stuff.
> >
> That did it! Worked a treat - thank you.
>

> > Regards,

It's done, both of them.

check http://tyrs.nicosphere.net/reference-dev.html for latest
features, as so far there are only on github. (or
`doc/reference-dev.txt` directly on source)

4.3.3 Bold font
the idea is to have some list of bolding stuff:
bold = highlight header hashtag

4.5.2
if you want ctrl-r just put for exemple:
reply = ^R

More details on the devel-doc above.

Cheers for feedback

Jason Ryan

May 24, 2011, 4:52:52 PM5/24/11
to ty...@googlegroups.com
On 24/05/11 at 06:20pm, Nicolas Paris wrote:

> It's done, both of them.
>
> check http://tyrs.nicosphere.net/reference-dev.html for latest
> features, as so far there are only on github. (or
> `doc/reference-dev.txt` directly on source)
>
> 4.3.3 Bold font
> the idea is to have some list of bolding stuff:
> bold = highlight header hashtag
>
> 4.5.2
> if you want ctrl-r just put for exemple:
> reply = ^R
>
> More details on the devel-doc above.
>
> Cheers for feedback

Nice one Nicolas - thank you: both work perfectly!