[Tyrs] Tyrs 0.6.0, first release with Urwid

1 view

Nicolas Paris

Nov 30, 2011, 5:41:25 PM11/30/11
to ty...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Here come an early release with the urwid library. The release come
with lots of improvement about the UI, but it still a long way before I
get what I want.

I've done a quick blog post for more information (english):
http://www.nicosphere.net/tyrs-0-6-0-ncurses-twitter-client-first-release-with-urwid-2553/

Here some highlight:
* Edit a tweet: Previous release had a poorly way to edit tweet, I
knew it, and wasn't especially proud of it and always wanted to do it
again from scratch. With urwid, it was easier to manage it. So now,
it's more like an IRC input bar to write tweet. We can do what we
usually want, such as go back with arrow keys.
* I had feedback as the unicode wasn't perfect, editing a tweet with
2-bits long Chinese characters could sometime break the application.
Fortunately, urwid has an excellent utf-8 support, so the overall
management of unicode should be improve, and shouldn't be an issue
anymore.
* More generally, a better display with less bugs.

Thanks everyone,

--
Nicolas