Feedback on Tyrs

chaica

Jun 7, 2011, 5:31:55 AM6/7/11
to ty...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Testing Tyrs on Debian Wheezy (64bit) :

- setup.py requires setuptools. Adding a test trying to import setuptools and printing an error message if missing should resolve this issue.
- you're using argparse module, so your code is not compatible with python < 2.7. This module has been backported for python 2.5 and 2.6. You also should test that in setup.py.
- I've got a really ugly printing in my terminal (gnome-shell), see http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/tyrs.png/ for a screenshot. No input is accepted.

Bye,
Carl Chenet

chaica

Jun 7, 2011, 5:57:04 AM6/7/11
to ty...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I made a mistake in my previous email, I'm not using gnome-shell but gnome terminal.

Bye,
Carl Chenet

Nicolas Paris

Jun 7, 2011, 11:52:50 AM6/7/11
to ty...@googlegroups.com
Le Tue, 7 Jun 2011 02:31:55 -0700 (PDT),
chaica <lordc...@free.fr> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Testing Tyrs on Debian Wheezy (64bit) :

Hi Carl,

First, thank you for your valuable feedbacks, I appreciate it.

> - setup.py requires setuptools. Adding a test trying to import
> setuptools and printing an error message if missing should resolve
> this issue.

I done the test on the import, and I update the doc as well.
https://github.com/Nic0/tyrs/commit/568dc90fc1bf519f801da2fe3954990c295f3f76

> - you're using argparse module, so your code is not compatible with
> python < 2.7. This module has been backported for python 2.5 and 2.6.
> You also should test that in setup.py.

Thanks for this tip, and you are absolutly right, so I fixed it as
well.

> - I've got a really ugly printing in my terminal (gnome-shell), see
> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/tyrs.png/ for a screenshot.
> No input is accepted.

This one is more tricky, I'me not sure the commit will fixed it.
https://github.com/Nic0/tyrs/commit/8eb226c428ecb73fdeec26d85f3e0abbeecf856f

The idea is, I called a curses.wrapper probably to early, almost at the
start. I delayed it, and call only after the configuration part (and
the input entry when identica/twitter service is asked). So it might do
it, as it will be no curses called before that.

I'll try some installation on VirtualBox of Debian and gnome-shell, to
make sure it solved this problem in the next few days.
I'm doing lots of cleaning, so the git repository may be more unstable
than the release.

Thanks again for your feedbacks,
Nicolas Paris.