Updates from the Dev Team

1 view

Dan Cedric Delima

Oct 10, 2009, 4:43:50 PM10/10/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,

Another Beta release just now of the Disaster Tool.
It now has "limited" Visualization Options.

Switch to the "Visualize" tab to see more options.

Limitations:
  - Because of the limitations of drawing circles in the map, heatmaps is limited to 15.  (thus not showing to its full use).
  - So as not to crowd maps, only the "top" 40 are displayed.  You can zoom in to display more in the area.
  - Because of some issues, the rendering of points and heatmap is not optimized.

Going Forward:
  - The data was "imported" from the original maps of the group.  Unfortunately, its too unstructured to be efficiently browsed.  So going forward, I would like to ask the team if you are interested in "post-moderating" the information imported by the data importer.
    - Post-moderating would more like: reading the text you all plotted in the map, and double-check the decisions made by the data importer (like whether there was food shortage, what medicines was requested, flood levels, etc)

We have most of the pieces in place, except that if we import all of the feeds for the unified map, it would have less use because of the unstructured data.

Dan

Aileen Apolo

Oct 11, 2009, 6:44:55 AM10/11/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
How can we help Dan (from the non-dev perspective)?

Franklin Naval

Oct 11, 2009, 7:22:40 AM10/11/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
It would be post-moderating as Dan said.

-Franklin
Sent from Manila, Man, Philippines

Aileen Apolo

Oct 11, 2009, 7:33:28 AM10/11/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for asking for specifics.

Dan, I'll just ping you.

Serge Gregorio

Oct 11, 2009, 7:44:51 AM10/11/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
That's great Dan!  Keep up the good work.

In the meantime, non-devs here are looking for more volunteers to help plot maps and basically get info into the system.

Serge

Dan Cedric Delima

Oct 11, 2009, 9:05:14 AM10/11/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Yes, since we're pretty much in the idea, i'll start creating a small moderation page.

Thanks!

Dan