Do we have a unified map?

Serge Gregorio

Oct 9, 2009, 5:48:23 AM10/9/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Do we have a unified map set up to receive info from other maps (via RSS) running by now?  If yes, can someone provide the URL to it (and embed code)?  Many thanks.

Serge

Dan Cedric Delima

Oct 9, 2009, 6:05:53 AM10/9/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Serge,

Probably not from the Dev Team until tomorrow.

Thanks.

Dan

Aileen Apolo

Oct 10, 2009, 12:16:48 AM10/10/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
So does this mean we'll be able to aggregate the info at least from ABS-CBN and GMA? :)

It's far from over :(  Hope we can get this up this weekend?

Gio Bacareza

Oct 10, 2009, 1:01:23 AM10/10/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
does anyone have any info on the roads leading up north to pangasinan and other affected areas? organizing a team to go there
--
cheers,

Gio

Andrew Smith

Oct 10, 2009, 1:48:51 AM10/10/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gio,

We are working on a map of this at the moment. I’ll email you when we have
it done. We’re working on two sources:

1) The info in the NDCC Sitrep Table D (starting page 14)
http://210.185.184.53/ndccWeb/images/ndccWeb/ndcc_advisory/TY_PEPENG/situati
on_report_on_typhoon_pepeng_17.pdf

2) And the email below:

I hope that helps.
Good luck with your trip and call me if we can help.

Cheers,
Andy

Please be advised that  per  Department of Science and Technology’s
evaluation, Dagupan City, Mangaldan and San Fabian municipalities in
Pangasinan will remain to be underwater til  early next week.  Use of rubber
boats are not advisable because the flood waters  are deep and with strong
current.  There were two river channels formed in Pangasinan because of the
breaches in the dike systems. Flooding  is also expected in the downstream
side of Magat,  San Roque and Pantabangan .  The closure of dam gates (San
Roque, Pantabangan and Magat)  will be recommended as soon as the water
levels in the dams are brought down to normal spilling levels. The dam
operators assures that gate openings are calibrated  to ensure flood levels
are not increased.

Status of Major Road Networks in Regions CAR, I and II.

Maharlika Highway (Caranglan Nueva Ecija) – passable
Manila North Road  (Pangasinan Area) – passable
Kennon Road – not passable
Marcos Highway- not passable
Naguillan Road- not passable
Kayapa Baguio Road – open close situation

Bued Bridge at Manila North Road at the boundary of La Union and
Pangasinan)- 3 span collapsed

Detour Routes to North Luzon:
Manila via Camiling going to Dagupan, Lingayen and Binmaley
Manila via Urdaneta and Binalonan going to Manaoag, Pangasinan

Oct 10, 2009, 1:52:31 AM10/10/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Andrew, let you know when I've "commandeered" necessary vehicles.
--
cheers,

Gio

Dan Cedric Delima

Oct 10, 2009, 3:19:47 AM10/10/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aileen,

The Dev-Team is doing its final integrations.  I'll try to get it up today.

Nicholas was able to integrate the frontend with my backend.  See a sample here: http://bit.ly/49iGDQ

Dan

Serge Gregorio

Oct 10, 2009, 6:25:25 AM10/10/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aileen, Dan,

I'm leaving it to the Development Team to set up the (hopefully) unified map.  I

On my end, I'm trying to get more warm bodies to update the map (and manage disaster info) through institutional/organizational channels. Posting an appeal for volunteers who are familiar with Northern Luzon might be a good idea too.

Serge

Serge Gregorio

Oct 10, 2009, 6:29:28 AM10/10/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
I am posting a text message from my friend Angel James (who is with Dagupan Electric Corp) here:

"95 % of Dagupan City is under water.  We are under massive relief operations.  Again, we are urging all family and friends who can facilitate relief efforts with Dagupan or Pangasinan thru ABS-CBN, GMA 7, Phinma Foundation (University of Pangasinan), Dagupan City local government (to: Dagupan City Museum/Astrodome, thru Mayor Alvin Fernandez), also coordinate with Mayor Ferdie Calimlim of Mapandan town, Pangasinan.

Thank you very much for the kind and generous hearts, support and prayers, God bless us all.

Serge

Aileen Apolo

Oct 10, 2009, 8:19:52 AM10/10/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Sige Serge, I shall help you find warm bodies to help tag info on Google Mapmaker. I've sounded calls via the Mapping Group, PPCRV IT Volunteers and the Google Technology Users Group Philippines.

Aileen

Aileen Apolo

Oct 10, 2009, 8:28:47 AM10/10/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

That is great news! Madaming nag-aabang ng map. Let me know when it's ready.

Thanks,
Aileen :)

Franklin Naval

Oct 10, 2009, 8:45:12 AM10/10/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
One idea to find more folks would be a well written article/tutorial on the websites of GMA News, Computerworld Philippines, ABS-CBN, etc. on how to use Google Map Maker to map your own barangay.

That way, we can crowdsource this (e.g. wikipedia).

Stress the importance of having your neighborhood mapped in getting aid quickly - (use the recent typhoons as an example).

-Franklin
Sent from Manila, Man, Philippines

Serge Gregorio

Oct 11, 2009, 7:37:40 AM10/11/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Aileen, Frank, for the helpful ideas and suggestions.  Hope to meet the new volunteers soon!

Serge