Unified Map Sources

1 view

Dan Cedric Delima

Oct 12, 2009, 12:48:52 AM10/12/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com

Dan Cedric Delima

Oct 12, 2009, 3:37:48 AM10/12/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Map Watchers,

I have uploaded 3 feeds from what I listed below:

Typhoon Ondoy Situation Map
From GMA Storm Watch
ABS-CBN Received SOS calls location

We now have 936 placemarks in our Map.
I would be working on the custom uploader and moderation pages later tonight or tomorrow.

For now, I have also included the enhancements Nick added to the maplet.
(Another warning: We limited the number of placemarks to initially to 40 (having too many renders the map unusuable).
So either just scroll around to see more or zoom in.  (the heatmaps should tell you where the incidents crowd to).

Thanks.

Dan

Dan Cedric Delima

Oct 12, 2009, 3:52:55 AM10/12/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Here's a direct link to the mapplet itself: http://tinyurl.com/disaster-tool

Feedback and Comments Highly Appreciated!

Dan

Serge Gregorio

Oct 12, 2009, 5:17:38 AM10/12/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,
How about the map of evacuation centers in ondoy affected areas (provided by andy smith of map action)?  he sent me a pdf file (for the first set of evac centers) and i created a map (for the second set of evac centers)...
Serge

Dan Cedric Delima

Oct 12, 2009, 9:11:42 AM10/12/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Serge,

Do you have the My Maps link for your map?
Also, presently there's no layer for evac centers as of the moment.  I'll add that up.

Dan

Dan Cedric Delima

Oct 12, 2009, 9:27:58 AM10/12/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Just got your map invitation.

Thanks.

Dan

Eugene Alvin Villar

Oct 12, 2009, 10:10:28 AM10/12/09
to typhoonondoy
Here's another interactive map which requires no registration to add
or comment on map markers: http://osb.maps.jsintl.org/

That interactive map is supposed to help in the rebuilding efforts
(reporting uncollected garbage, blocked roads, infrastructure needing
repair) for Ondoy instead of reporting rescue efforts, but Pepeng came
and it also became a situation map.

This map was made through the efforts of the Philippine OpenStreetMap
community and the international Humanitarian OSM Team. Please see the
following OSM page for more map data resources:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/philippines_ondoy

Hope this helps.

On Oct 12, 12:48 pm, Dan Cedric Delima <kranas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Map Watchers,
> I have started mining information into the data-store.
> I have aggregated as much as I can from the list (+ Nick's summary) and here
> are all the maps I could get:
>
> *Typhoon Ondoy Situation Map*http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&vps=1&jsv=178b&msa=0&out...
>
> *From Inquirer: Water Level Maps (Ondoy) [UP]*http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&vps=1&jsv=178b&msa=0&output=km...
>
> *From GMA Storm Watch*http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&t=p&source=embed&msa=0&o...
>
> *Road Conditions*http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&source=embed&msa=0&outpu...
>
> *ABS-CBN Received SOS calls location*http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&source=embed&msa=0&output=geor...

Aileen Apolo

Oct 12, 2009, 9:09:36 PM10/12/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

There's a suggestion from Lakan, hope you can include road closures. What do you think?

Aileen

Dan Cedric Delima

Oct 12, 2009, 9:19:06 PM10/12/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aileen,

I'll add that to the features being requested.

Thanks.

Dan

Serge Gregorio

Oct 13, 2009, 3:50:48 AM10/13/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eugene,

Thanks for this... I actually posted a few appeals for garbage to be collected, including the one in front of our house at # 2 (old # 106) D. Victorino St. cor. E. de la Paz St., San Roque, Mkna City.  Garbage there has not been collected since Sep 27 !!

Wet waste is rotting and the foul smell is intolerable and makes me want to vomit.  I've been calling Marikina City's Waste Management Office but no one's answering.  I've approached our Congressman and he answered me with, "Hindi po ako basurero.  Tawagan n'yo po ang munisipyo!"  * grumble *

Serge

Serge Gregorio

Oct 13, 2009, 3:53:37 AM10/13/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Btw, I noticed some wrong/erroneous street names in the OSM map.  Our street's name is D. Victorino, but on OSM map it's labeled as I. Mendoza...

Serge

Eugene Alvin Villar

Oct 13, 2009, 7:30:53 AM10/13/09
to typhoonondoy

On Oct 13, 3:53 pm, Serge Gregorio <segrego...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Btw, I noticed some wrong/erroneous street names in the OSM map.  Our
> street's name is D. Victorino, but on OSM map it's labeled as I. Mendoza...
>
> Serge

That's weird. I double-checked with Google Maps and it says that that
road is I. Mendoza as well.

Also, in Google Maps, the Victorino St. is marked as the road to the
south )http://maps.google.com/maps?
f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&sll=14.62928,121.096598&sspn=0.002434,0.003616&ie=UTF8&ll=14.628798,121.097252&spn=0.004869,0.007231&z=17 ).
This corresponds to a walkway in OSM (http://osb.maps.jsintl.org/?
zoom=18&lat=14.62798&lon=121.09782&layers=BT ).

I triple-checked with Mapcentral and they also agree with Google Maps.

Can you confirm?