Ramil Can Be Comparable to Ondoy

Aileen Apolo

Oct 20, 2009, 4:10:42 AM10/20/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Another typhoon to prepare for, Ramil has u-turned back to the Philippines and will hit Northern Luzon by Thursday, will bring heavy rains which report says might be comparable to Ondoy -

Dan Cedric Delima

Oct 20, 2009, 4:41:03 AM10/20/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
For some up-to-date path projections:

Dan

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 5:10 PM, Aileen Apolo <aileen...@gmail.com> wrote:
Another typhoon to prepare for, Ramil has u-turned back to the Philippines and will hit Northern Luzon by Thursday, will bring heavy rains which report says might be comparable to Ondoy -

Franklin Naval

Oct 20, 2009, 4:46:37 AM10/20/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Looking out my eastern window, I can see a general overcast and some cumulous clouds.  Last night, there were lightening flashes in the sky but no sound.  Perhaps, I'll set up a webcam from my window.

-Franklin
Sent from Manila, Man, Philippines

Serge Gregorio

Oct 20, 2009, 7:04:11 AM10/20/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
We're all turning into amateur meteorologists, are we?  Hehehe...
Recent events should spur local inventors and entrepreneurs to channel their efforts into developing technologies appropriate to Philippine conditions and needs (see photo in Phil. Daily Inquirer of a push cart with empty mineral water containers underneath).
I do recall investigating and considering developing flood simulation software for my MS thesis back in the 90's but i was turned off (put off) by the machismo of a hydrological engineer who told me (with an air of machismo) to leave the subject alone to ... well... experts like him.
Isang bagay na di dapat tularan... =(
Serge

Aileen Apolo

Oct 20, 2009, 7:50:42 AM10/20/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Yes we are! I say beds with a banig base is FTW! It floats and it keeps the water out. Well, just a tip.

I hope Ramil doesn't pass by at all.