question

Gio Bacareza

Oct 11, 2009, 4:01:30 PM10/11/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Andy,

I was going thru NDCC's Pepeng situationers and I have a question that may aid us in mapping. What does the statement mean, particularly km 130+600 - km 130+900?

"Sta Rosa-Tarlac road la Paza Sect a. km 130+600 - km 130+900"

it reports it's unpassable due to floods. if we know where that is, then we can map it too. thanks

--
cheers,

Gio

Jun Verzola

Oct 12, 2009, 3:09:43 AM10/12/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Gio, km 130+600 means you start from km 130 (as marked by a physical
post), then go on for another 600 meters.
Thus, it means that a 300-meter section of the road is impassable,
from the +600 mark to the +900 mark, which should be just 100 m short
of km 131.

--
Jun Verzola
GMANews.TV

Gio Bacareza

Oct 12, 2009, 3:26:16 AM10/12/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Is there an easy way to locate these markers in google maps so we can encode ndcc reports to the map?
--
cheers,

Gio

Jun Verzola

Oct 12, 2009, 9:40:50 AM10/12/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
so far, i havent found a quick way in google maps. are the road
segments in mapmaker embedded with tags that somehow indicate the km
posts that they contain? if so, then that's one work-around. ideally,
when you mouse-over a road segment, the km post # should be displayed
on some status line, just as the long-lat figures of the current
cursor position can be displayed. i really don't know, since i'm not
really a google mapmaker user.

Aileen Apolo

Oct 12, 2009, 10:02:38 AM10/12/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com, mapping-the...@googlegroups.com
+Mapping Group

Hi Mappers,

There's a question from the the typhoon Ondoy group, hope you guys can shed light to Jun's question.

Thanks so much.

Aileen