Re: Pepeng Love Train

1 view

Serge Gregorio

Oct 16, 2009, 1:30:07 AM10/16/09
to Edsel Ramirez, Darby Santiago, Gio Bacareza, typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Edsel, Gio,

I'd like to introduce you to my cousin, Doc Darby Santiago (opthalmologist with PGH).  I hear he has been doing relief work in the Cordilleras too.  Maybe you can swap notes...

Darbs: Saan ka man now, hope you and your team are okay. Godspeed!

Serge

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Edsel Ramirez <ramire...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Gio.

Sama sama tayo dito.
Idol? Hahaha. Hindi naman. We just do what we have given the resources and networks we have.
Alot of goodwill din kasi we've been doing this relief volunteer task pag may disaster ever since college pa.
And mga batchmates and friends who grew up with us are now in a position to be able to broker partnership for and with us.

Kaya naging madali when a friend who is a friend is a friend of the owners of Robinsons and made this arrangement with the office.

Repost?
Sge ba.

Pero for proper billing.
Dont have to mention my name.

Just use: Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan Task Force Noah.
This is the disaster response group of the Jesuits.
Attached is the logo we are using for Lingap Luzon

Sama Sama tayong lahat dito.
Ang next natin is to come up with coordination.
Tulad ng nabanggit ni Serge na using mapping ng Google.
On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Gio Bacareza <gbac...@gmail.com> wrote:
Edsel!

idol! you guys seem to have a more efficient way to do the love train but you're still doing the train. thanks for spreading the love.

Can I repost this with the steps so we can keep the train running? yes!

Gio

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Edsel Ramirez <ramire...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Gio and Serge.

Thanks for including me in this discussion loop.
Love Train! Lupet! :-)

Yes, SLB is into relief.
Network ng SLB ang Catholic schools as well as Dioceses -- thru them babagsak sa mga parishes.

Yes. Totoo that it is indeed hard to get goods lalo na kung malayo na sa 'Imperial Manila' hehehe
Thats why, recognizing this situation and previous experiences na mahirap magmobilize ng resources for relief outer-outer MetroManila nag partnership kami with
> Robinsons Supermarket.

We order in Manila and they will release it sa Robinsons Supermarket nearest to disaster area (ie: Baguio, Dagupan, Pangasinan, etc). Naka packed goods na siya according to how we want it per packed (3kilo rice, 3 canned goods, 3 noodles, 1Liter water, 1 100gcoffee, 1 180gpowdered milk, 1 1/4sugar) -- less than p300 per pack.
So if you want, if you have cash donations, we can ride the purchase and release it sa area na may network kayo to receive it.

As for trucks, we ask our local partners (mga tatanggap ng goods) to refer trucks to us.
Or even yong Robinsons to refer trucks to us.
We hire them locally (ie: dagupan, pampanga, etc) then send them to the parishes, diocese, schools na tatanggap ng goods. lower cost ng trucks compared to kung galing pa Manila papuntang Dagupan.

That is our simple set-up thus nagiging mas mabilis ang response time with lesser cost on SLB's end. :-)
Plus wala pa masyadong volunteers kailangan except mga 10 or so to oversee, document and help out sa unloading (Robinsons supermarket din kasi nag load to the trucks)

Thus, what can we offer?
We can offer the Robinsons set up.
We can give you the contact numbers ng truck services na nagagamit so far (kailangan ko muna ayusin)

Lastly,
Tom we will be deploying 5000 goods (28tons) to Ilocos Sur and another 5000 goods (28tons) to Baguio.

Edsel Ramirez
Mobile: +63917 525 5487
Globe DUO: 02-2112337
Twitter: http://twitter.com/edsel_ramirez
Flicker: http://www.flickr.com/photos/26604849@N03/3765530585/
FB: http://www.facebook.com/edsel.ramirez

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Serge Gregorio <segre...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Gio,

I'm forwarding your post to Edsel Ramirez of Ateneo Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan (SLB), who is very much into relief operations and might be in a better position to help.

Serge

Oct 16, 2009, 1:31:53 AM10/16/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dana, Frank,

Is this something we can post/add to the Google site www.google.com/ondoy or http://sites.google.com/site/ondoymanila/?

Many thanks!

Serge

Oct 16, 2009, 1:51:32 AM10/16/09
to Edsel Ramirez, Darby Santiago, Gio Bacareza, typhoo...@googlegroups.com
I am tempted to coin a term for it... "outsourcing" or "virtualizing" relief operations hehehe... I personally have no objections to letting a little profit motive creep in just so to get different players/sectors moving (note: I am not referring to Robinsons or any actual group here)... di ba?

Relief operations can become something like "carbon trading"... what do the others think?

Serge

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Edsel Ramirez <ramire...@gmail.com> wrote:
Serge, Gio and Doc Dabs

Actually wala pa nga updated website ang SLB.
magpapatulong pa kami kay Serge dito baka may 'libreng' mga tech people na pwedeng ito naman ang tutukan (other than the google map of the different frontline partners ng SLB).

As to step by step.
Wala talaga. We just call this person na kung saan na endorse nina ng mga Gokongwei's to receive the call from SLB.
In a way kasi other than the frontline release of the orders (packed),
parang binibigyan ng Gokongwei's yong SLB ng 3 to 4 days credit line kasi they release the goods and we pay it their using SLB check.

We will meet up with Robinsons team to assess the partnership with SLB.
Kaya we will tell them of this prospects in the future.
And future collaborations with other groups needing the services of Robinsons Superpermarket.

Interested kami sa SLB with "available technology to empower people to help themselves"
Kaya this project with Serge and SLB.
Medyo slow burn pa siya ngayon kasi basically its encoding first the different schools and local partners. Then later lalagyan na yan ng laman and muscle para magamit in the future.

Balitaan.

Serge Gregorio

Oct 16, 2009, 2:59:13 AM10/16/09
to Edsel Ramirez, Darby Santiago, Gio Bacareza, typhoo...@googlegroups.com, Bro IJ Chan Gonzaga
Would anyone know if we've got a map of Robinsons' branches nationwide?
Edsel, can you inquire (discreetly) with your Robinsons' contacts if they have a Google Map (or any electronic copy) of them?
At the height of Ondoy, someone just popped up and said, "Here are Petron branches where you can drop off donations."
Serge

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Edsel Ramirez <ramire...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hahaha.
On SLB's end, madali sya ma justify.

We are not in the business din kasi of educating students (ie: Ateneo, LaSalle, students to be part of volunteerism) though SLB was an active player sa Ateneo Task Force: Ondoy. SLB provided the linkages to Supermarket and trucks and etc...

Ergo, we need to be 'more efficient'
profit din sya for Robinsons yes.
But for SLBs operation it is cost cutting for the ff reasons:

a. we don't need to feed volunteers
b. we don't need to 'hire' or pay utilities for water and electricity
c. we don't need to mobilize volunteers to get goods from Supermarket (which we will still buy at market price) and bring them to a warehouse then to have a team of volunteers do repacking.
d. we dont need to mobilize trucks to bring goods from Manila to drop off frontline partners for distribution.
e. Robinsons group will load it to your truck (plus commissions on big sale goes to province supermarket)
f. we hire trucks around / near Robinsons where we get the goods kaya local economy infusion din sya to much needed cash sa local economy.

Work of SLB is
a. call Robinsons to order XXX of goods packed and released at

ie: Robinsons Cabanatuan for Tuguegarao, SanJose, Pantabangan, Carranglan)
ie: Robinsons Pampanga for Arayat, Macabebe, Guagua, etc
ie: Robinsons Hacienda Luisita for Dagupan (when Robinsons Dagupan was still under water)
ie: Robinsons Dagupan for Dagupan areas like University of Pangasinan (as evac center) or Mary Help of Christian Diocese for parishes around Dagupan/Pangasinan, and also towns in Sta. Barbara
ie: Robinsons Dagupan for Ilocos Sur (trip bukas) and to Baguio (trip bukas)

b. look for local truckers and coordinate pick up
c. send team from Manila to loading point. then send it to frontline partners like parishes, archdiocese and then in some join in the distribution sa mga families.

Mas gusto namin syang isipin as "decentralizing"
hehehe

Jun Verzola

Oct 16, 2009, 3:57:13 AM10/16/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sege--
Pinsan mo si Doc Darby, the doc-violinist?
Small world, hehe...

--
Jun Verzola
GMANews.TV

Jordana Calit

Oct 16, 2009, 4:05:28 AM10/16/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Serge

Not sure what info you want posted...

Serge Gregorio

Oct 16, 2009, 4:06:56 AM10/16/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
He's a second (or third) cousin... siya ang "chronicler" ng (Santiago) family tree namin dating 9 generations back.  You know him din?  =)

Serge

Serge Gregorio

Oct 16, 2009, 4:12:02 AM10/16/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gio,

Can you prepare for us a short blurb (a paragraph = 2 or 3 sentences) on the Pepeng Love Train which we can post on the Ondoy (and Pepeng) site hosted by Google?

Many thanks!

Serge

Gio Bacareza

Oct 16, 2009, 4:32:14 AM10/16/09
to Edsel Ramirez, Serge Gregorio, Darby Santiago, typhoo...@googlegroups.com, Bro IJ Chan Gonzaga
Galeng! Gusto ko Ito. Puede kong I-post?

On Friday, October 16, 2009, Edsel Ramirez <ramire...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

> As to step by step.Wala talaga. We just call this person na kung saan na endorse nina ng mga Gokongwei's to receive the call from SLB.In a way kasi other than the frontline release of the orders (packed),

> parang binibigyan ng Gokongwei's yong SLB ng 3 to 4 days credit line kasi they release the goods and we pay it their using SLB check.
> We will meet up with Robinsons team to assess the partnership with SLB.
>

> Kaya we will tell them of this prospects in the future.And future collaborations with other groups needing the services of Robinsons Superpermarket.

> Interested kami sa SLB with "available technology to empower people to help themselves"
>

> Kaya this project with Serge and SLB.Medyo slow burn pa siya ngayon kasi basically its encoding first the different schools and local partners. Then later lalagyan na yan ng laman and muscle para magamit in the future.

Franklin Naval

Oct 17, 2009, 8:27:31 AM10/17/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com, Edsel Ramirez, Darby Santiago, Gio Bacareza, Bro IJ Chan Gonzaga
Apparently, the Robinsons website was hacked.  However, I was able to get the contact info from the Google cache:

http://74.125.153.132/search?q=cache:wQwAehee8jAJ:www.robinsonsdepartmentstore.com.ph/Contact/tabid/76/Default.aspx+http://www.robinsonsdepartmentstore.com.ph/Contact/tabid/76/Default.aspx&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=firefox-a

Contact Us

For any questions, comments, or suggestions, please feel free to complete the Feedback Form below. You can also email us at in...@robinsonsdepartmentstore.com.ph or call our Marketing Services Department at 635-0751 loc. 360 from Monday to Friday 9:00am – 7:30 pm.

Mailing Address:

Robinsons Department Store

110 E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue, Libis, Quezon City 1100, Philippines

====================================

Serge/Edsel, et. al, you can try calling them at 635-0751 loc. 360 or if you're near their address just drop in?

-Franklin
Sent from Manila, Man, Philippines

Serge Gregorio

Oct 17, 2009, 8:31:04 AM10/17/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com, Edsel Ramirez, Darby Santiago, Gio Bacareza, Bro IJ Chan Gonzaga
Whoaa... whooa... do you mean the one that Edsel was working on?  I haven't even seen it yet!  So what did the hacker do?  =)

Serge

Franklin Naval

Oct 17, 2009, 8:49:39 AM10/17/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com, Edsel Ramirez, Darby Santiago, Gio Bacareza, Bro IJ Chan Gonzaga
is the page defaced on your computer?  or it could be that my connection/machine is compromised.

http://robinsonsdepartmentstore.com.ph

-Franklin
Sent from Manila, Man, Philippines

Gio Bacareza

Oct 17, 2009, 9:16:42 AM10/17/09
to Edsel Ramirez, Serge Gregorio, Darby Santiago, typhoo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Edsel,

if people want to do like your efficient method here, can they do it directly or do they have to go through you since mukhang kayo na yung nakapagusap ng robinson?

[...]

Gio Bacareza

Oct 17, 2009, 9:20:43 AM10/17/09
to typhoo...@googlegroups.com
This is what I wrote on the FB group page

"This is a group of concerned citizens who want to contribute to the relief of our brothers and sisters affected by typhoon Pepeng. It's called the Love Train because one of its main purposes is facilitate the delivery of relief goods and volunteers to the affected areas up North from Manila."
--
cheers,

Gio