Is it possible to make requests truly non-blocking?

Jeremy Haile

Nov 21, 2014, 2:11:52 PM11/21/14
to typh...@googlegroups.com
I'm using an actor system and do not want my HTTP requests to block at all.

However, using Hydra requires calling hydra.run, which blocks.

Is there any way to not block at all?  For example, can you utilize callbacks and not need to call the blocking "hydra.run"?

If Typhoeus doesn't support that, is there a ruby async http library that would better fit this scenario?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hans Typhoeus

Dec 2, 2014, 8:25:39 AM12/2/14
to typh...@googlegroups.com
There is no way to not block. I am sorry.