Incorporating a TypePad blog in an existing website

Jim Kissane

Jul 1, 2011, 9:14:45 AM7/1/11
to TypePad Developers Network
I have created a business website for a new venture (ex,
Newventure.biz) , and have established several subdomains (Mktg, Dev,
Test, Prod, Secure etc) for this domain.

I want to incorporate TypePad as my blog engine in this site, but
everything I read about Domain Mapping seems to indicate that I have
to change my DNS. Reading into this the guidance says "changing these
DNS settings could adversely impact your email or other services that
you rely upon"

I'm concerned about how this might affect the other parts of my site,
as well as the ability I now use to stage (i.e. sandbox) by "pre-
production" and "test" versions, as well as my test marketing pages.
Do any of you have advice on how I can incorporate my TypePad blog as
a page or a panel (haven't decided yet) on my "Newventure.biz" site
(not real name)?

Jim

Martin Atkins

Jul 18, 2011, 3:33:56 PM7/18/11
to typepad-d...@googlegroups.com

The easiest way to reduce the potential for impact on your existing
services is to deploy your TypePad blog on its own subdomain, like
blog.newventure.biz .

Here's some instructions on how to add the CNAME:
http://help.typepad.com/cname.html

If you don't change the existing records for the "www" subdomain or the
bare domain itself then this should have no impact on your email
services or on your existing website.

I hope this helps!