Can real-time shipping calculators be integrated into Typepad blogs?

Marion Smardon

May 30, 2011, 4:50:21 AM5/30/11
to typepad-d...@googlegroups.com
 Hello,

I'm a very amateur web developer and I have some questions for you.
I was wondering if it would be possible to integrate a real-time shipping calculator
(the Canada Post shipping module http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/business/solutions/sellonlinefaq.jsf#T3 )
into a shopping cart with buttons (like Paypal.com or E-Junkie.com or FatFreeCart.com for example) and for Typepad to host the whole site.

I've seen other Typepad blogs use Paypal and E-Junkie buttons in their stores so that should work, it's just the module that I can't wrap my mind around.
 The module uses XML so I'm assuming that I would need to use the TypePad JSON API?
The module also uses either a BASIC SOCKET or HTTP POST. It also requires opening of port 30000, which I don't know if Typepad supports.

More info for Developers about this module is available here: http://sellonline.canadapost.ca/DevelopersResources/
Please tell me if this would be possible to do with a Typepad Blog, and where to start.

Thank you,

Marion Smardon
Head Designer/Founder/President
Helping Animals T-Shirts