Post count by category

Kenneth

Jul 7, 2011, 7:08:06 PM7/7/11
to TypePad Developers Network
Is there a way to get a list of categories, along with the number of
posts in each category, using the JSON API?

Martin Atkins

Jul 19, 2011, 3:06:22 PM7/19/11
to typepad-d...@googlegroups.com
On 07/07/2011 04:08 PM, Kenneth wrote:
> Is there a way to get a list of categories, along with the number of
> posts in each category, using the JSON API?

Kenneth,

This morning we released a new endpoint /blogs/{id}/category-details
which should give you what you're looking for:

http://www.typepad.com/services/apidocs/endpoints/blogs/%253Cid%253E/category-details

the "usageCount" property in the response objects gives the number of
posts on which the category has been used.

Kenneth

Jul 20, 2011, 9:32:55 AM7/20/11
to TypePad Developers Network
That's great! Thanks :)