Get posts by author

Kenneth

Jul 13, 2011, 12:31:23 PM7/13/11
to TypePad Developers Network
I have a blog with multiple authors. I'd like to have a page which
lists the user's profile, along with their recent posts (only the ones
posted in my blog). Is there a way to get this information using the
JSON api? Ideally there would be an endpoint like this:

/blogs/<id>/post-assets/@published/@by-author/<user-id>.<format>

Martin Atkins

Jul 18, 2011, 3:49:48 PM7/18/11
to typepad-d...@googlegroups.com

Kenneth,

I'm afraid we currently don't have support for the view you describe.

The best we can do right now is one of the following approaches:

* Get a page of published posts for the blog and filter out the posts
that are not by the user, doing a follow-up request to get more posts if
you come up short.

* Retrieve the events of the user you are interested in from
/users/{id}/events and filter that to include only the blog you are
interested in, doing a follow-up request to get more events if you come
up short.

Which of these you choose is a tradeoff depending on which one will tend
to give you the most matches on the first request. If the user is the
primary author of the blog in terms of number of posts then the first
probably works out better, but the second works out better if the user
tends only to post in the blog and rarely does anything else on TypePad.

I added your suggestion to our GetSatisfaction so we can consider it for
a future release:

http://getsatisfaction.com/saymedia/topics/typepad_api_endpoint_for_assets_in_a_particular_blog_authored_by_a_particular_user

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you now, but hopefully we can
make this happen in the future.

Thanks!