Q: Perl API - getting comments

1 view

walendo

Jun 7, 2011, 4:03:51 AM6/7/11
to TypePad Developers Network
(resend - the first post seems to have gotten lost)

Hi folks,

I was just playing around with WWW::TypePad, trying to download all of
the comments from a blog and am wondering what I'm doing wrong.

No matter what I pass into $tp->blogs->get_published_comments(), it
will not return anything other than the 50 most recent comments.

I even tried directly appending "?start-index=10&max-results=5" to the
generated url in TypePad.pm, but that only resulted in a "Signature
did not match" error. (The endpoint url was
https://api.typepad.com/blogs/<id>/comments/@published.json).

Can you give me an example of how you would use
get_published_comments() to iterate through all of the comments in a
blog? (And can you verify that the endpoint it's hitting is doing the
right thing).

Thanks!

(I did see the earlier post regarding problems exporting all
comments, but that one indicated that start-index should have an
effect, which I'm not seeing).