Number keys do not work after Windows 11 update

Margaret Okuzumi

Jul 19, 2023, 4:12:53 PM7/19/23
to TypeMatrix User Group
my laptop died so I got a new one and installed Windows 11 Home on it. Previously I was using Windows 10 Professional.

Now I cannot get the numerical keypad to work anymore when I have num lock on. Just the numbers part is broken. The symbols work. For example if I hit the "P" key with the num lock on then it will type "/". But the number keys on the number pad have now remapped to various arrow keys or to nothing at all.

I am using the regular U.S. English TypeMatrix keyboard. Can you please investigate and advise? Windows 11 installed a Standard PS/2 keyboard driver. Driver details:

Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 6/21/2006
Driver Version: 10.0.22621.1

Chris Tophe

Jul 20, 2023, 3:18:11 AM7/20/23
to TypeMatrix User Group
With numpad on, try pressing fn+num keys (they are respectively bottom-left and top-right on the keyboard) it will toogle the numpad between the numeric pad and arrow pad modes.
NCvB4BE.png

Margaret Okuzumi

Jul 20, 2023, 7:49:45 PM7/20/23
to TypeMatrix User Group