Replacement part of key mechanism?

Oleg Afanasiev

Nov 21, 2020, 10:01:54 AM11/21/20
to TypeMatrix User Group

Hey fellow ortholinear types!

I was sort of clumsy lifting the keyboard with one hand that i managed to pop 'del' key out.
What's worse is that one holding pin on the little 'scissor' mechanism broke off and now the cap doesn't sit in place. I was trying to 3d print one, but to no avail, it is too tiny for a hobby printer!

Does anyone know if i can salvage similar part from other keyboards for example or have ideas how to fix that? I wish they use something like cherry mx low profile switches instead, that would be much easier to fix.

It is not the most used key on the keyboard, but I still try to use it sometimes with negative effect. :D

Regards
Oleg
Message has been deleted