Typematrix 2030, intermittent dead keys. same on two keyboards.

Frédéric Potvin

Nov 29, 2022, 6:33:26 AM11/29/22
to TypeMatrix User Group
Hi,

About 6 months ago, I bought a Typematrix 2030 and the following 8 keys randomly stop working (all at the same time) w, e, r, t, y, u, i, o. (using querty layout). I unplug the keyboard for about 10 minutes, and it's working again as expected, but after about an hour same problem occurs.

I bought a second keyboard from the same merchant and I'm having similar issues with the exact same 8 keys. They suddently stop working but if press them very strongly, they work. The unplugging routine works.

So, through the day I switch the two keyboards about 5 time to get through my workday. I vaccumed both with a specialized computer vaccum I use for all my electronical devices a but it doesn't help at all.

Can you please contact me so we can arrange a replacement? It's obvious to me that there is a manufacturing issue for this batch of keyboards.

Between, I absolutely love the Typematrix and I really hope I don't have to switch to another keyboard even again :)

Thanks!

Frédéric Potvin

Dec 6, 2022, 2:50:49 AM12/6/22
to TypeMatrix User Group
I'm writting to let everyone know that Typematrix support contact me in a matter of a few day and arranged replacements. I must say, this is excellent support. Thank you very much!

yoh...@rebattu.fr

Apr 26, 2023, 3:42:24 AM4/26/23
to TypeMatrix User Group
I have the exact same problem:
2 keyboards: on the first one, the keys on the top row does not works most of the times, so i bought a second one 1 year ago, and on this one it is the letters on the second row that start to fail, and works a bit when I'm pressing them very strongly.
I contacted the support 2 days ago and i have no news yet.
I'm happy to read your message, so hopefully, I'll get some news.

Thanks

yoh...@rebattu.fr

May 25, 2023, 3:05:04 AM5/25/23
to TypeMatrix User Group
I've been contacted by Mary, and she will arrange a replacement for my second keyboard

Thank you !