Is TypeMatrix still in business?

Fabien Rouget

Aug 1, 2022, 6:10:22 AM8/1/22
to TypeMatrix User Group
Hello everyone,

I am a proud owner of a 2030 since 2018, and I have to admit that it is starting to show signs of age.

I love typematrix, I really do, and even the few other orthogonal keyboards don't compete with what I love most, like the start and end keys next to the arrows, the enter key in the center, etc...

So I'm hoping to buy a new typematrix soon; I started to learn about the keyboard again, and finally came to this conclusions:
- No more bepo stock, only white. You can still find some elsewhere, but it gives a little bit the impression that it will be "while stocks last".
- No news from the company on their networks, twitter or facebook.
- The blog displays a beautiful error and is no longer accessible.
- I mailed the company over a month ago, asking if a new version is in study (I'd love to see a wireless model come out), and I never got a response.

This makes me wonder if this company is still active, or if we should not expect anything more than what was already invented when the 2030 was released. What do you think about it?

Thanks for your feedback.

st3...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2022, 6:45:45 AM8/1/22
to TypeMatrix User Group
It doesn't sound very promising but perhaps they're still honouring new orders to sell off what's left of the stock?

Surprised you have signs of age after just 4 years. I bought a pair of 2030s over 10 years ago, the skins are showing a little wear now but mechanically the keyboards are good as new. Sadly one I split water on while cleaning which now has a couple of dodgy buttons despite disassembly and cleaning the tracks with rubbing alcohol (it was better for a while but problems eventually returned). I'm looking to place an order for another two; one as a replacement, and one a spare. Will have to let you know if they turn up.

Fabien Rouget

Aug 2, 2022, 3:28:09 AM8/2/22
to TypeMatrix User Group
Indeed, I think there will never be a typematrix 2040 one day.

About the wear, I have indeed some regular problems : some keys don't answer systematically anymore, mainly on the bottom line, right side. This morning for example, the left arrow doesn't do anything when I press it. Yesterday, it was the key above the top arrow. For the moment, it's coming back, but I still have a new malfunction appearing.

I would like to specify that I take care of my keyboard: I always use a skin, and I have completely dusted it to remove any residue under the keys.
Anyway, knowing that I will never have a 2040, I hesitate between coming back to reason and buying a classic keyboard or persevering and buying a new 2030, even if wired...

Carine

Aug 4, 2023, 4:36:39 AM8/4/23
to TypeMatrix User Group
Hello,

Sad to see that there is no feedback anymore …
I have been using 2 keyboards for about 10 years, now, using skins, still working fine. As I use them at 2 different offices, maybe that’s what helps them last longer :-)

I was looking at changing the skins (starting to wear, no longer waterproof), but the 68$ shipping costs for 2 skins @30$ is a no-goer …
And then I remembered I ordered through Zenlap in France. They seem to have some keyboards & skins too.

But honestly, it would really a pain for me to go back to a "classic" keyboard, at least as much as it was a physical relief to discover the Typematrix … I keep mistyping when using a classical keyboard, much more than with a Typematrix.

Hopefully "someone" will eventually wake up ?

Florian

Nov 12, 2023, 3:20:08 AM11/12/23
to TypeMatrix User Group
Hi there,

just dropped by and wanted to reassure you a bit. I do see we haven't been very active recently, but we are indeed working on changing this :)

We just launched a survey to know more about all of your needs, check it out :)