Typematrix 2020 better than 2030?

SP

Feb 23, 2015, 9:17:15 AM2/23/15
to typematrix...@googlegroups.com

I have wanted to try a matrix-style keyboard for a while. It seems like such an obvious improvement over the traditional design, I'm amazed there are not more products out there.

Looking at the 2020 and 2030, it seems the 2020 is actually the superior design. The separation between the hands is greater - I would be worried the 2030 would be too cramped!

Also, the 2020 has two separate space bars. I wonder if these can be set to perform different functions? It would seem such a waste to have different keys accessible for each thumb and then not use them for different functions... If this feature is supported I would certainly get the 2020 model, but I haven't read anything to that effect though.

Suggestions for improvement:
1. Increase the separation between two hands. Ideally, by having completely separate halves connected via a cable.
2. Allow the spacebar on each half to be settable as something else e.g backspace or shift.

Those two features would make it Typematrix a killer product!

Luigi Lenzi

Feb 24, 2015, 4:55:28 AM2/24/15
to typematrix...@googlegroups.com
Agree on separation, but a major improvement for me would be symmetrical ctrl and alt keys

Mark Senn

Nov 19, 2016, 5:10:20 PM11/19/16
to TypeMatrix User Group
I love the 2020.  The 2030 is to small for my hands (9" from tip of thumb to tip of little finger when stretched flat).

I've ordered a Model 01 from keyboard.io and am looking forward to trying that.    -mark

Stu L

Nov 19, 2016, 9:19:03 PM11/19/16
to TypeMatrix User Group

I just have one "little" problem with your statement.  I have THREE 2030s and they work great for my 10" hands!!!  ;-)