Plastic material of keycaps ?

Nicolas Bétheuil

Sep 4, 2020, 5:06:09 AM9/4/20
to TypeMatrix User Group

Hello,

I have a blank skin and a blank keyboard but I overrated my patience to learn the layout : I still lots watch my hand to stroke key caps.
When I see the rate of international shipment to France for a qwerty skin, I try to find an alternative more local.

I investigate to make some laser engraving but they asking me the plastic type.

Does the keycaps or skin is polyvinyl chloride ?

Thanks

Chris Tophe

Sep 6, 2020, 4:28:07 AM9/6/20
to TypeMatrix User Group
Hi,

you need to PRINT the layout and put it just in front of the keyboard, then while you type you look at the print.
this way you can keep on training the muscle memory but with a visual help.
this is how i did (well, with an actual skin in front instead of a print) and gradually you won't need that help anymore.

about the skin, you could try asking if someone is selling it in France on the french bépo forum: http://forum.bepo.fr/
you could also ask this french reseller if they could import one for you: https://www.ergoneos.fr/catalogsearch/result/?q=typematrix   (i bought my lastest typematrix there, blank without skin tho).