Any chance of a white skin?

James Jones

Aug 22, 2019, 10:11:05 PM8/22/19
to TypeMatrix User Group
I am a happy owner of a 2030, save for one small thing, namely skins.

I started out with black skins, but they have blue for function key labels, which I find hard to read. (I asked about the possibility of orange, but was told that blue was some kind of standard (?); that may be, but I'd sure like to see a reference.) So... recently when I got some more skins, I went for clear... but they don't stick to the keyboard surface well enough that the text and symbols on the keys aren't blurry.

The store page for skins says "Labeled keyboards cannot be matched with a labeled translucent skin", which would seem to preclude the clear English Dvorak skin (though given that I have an 2030 with English Dvorak keys, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work), and I can't justify ordering a 2030 with blank keys--your keyboards are just too durable! So... any chance that you might offer white skins?

Reinard Dolleschel

Aug 27, 2019, 2:10:19 PM8/27/19
to TypeMatrix User Group
They can't be matched, in that you can't buy them in the store together as a discounted set. But they fit all the same. So, if you wanted to just order a translucent skin with labels and put it on your labeled keyboard, there's nobody stopping you. It's just that the printed letters don't match perfectly, so you get a bit of double-labels where it shines through. If that doesn't bother you though, I'd give it a go - the skins are inexpensive.

-Reinard