Package blocked at distribution center

AM215

Jun 22, 2022, 9:26:21 AM6/22/22
to TypeMatrix User Group
Hi there,

I've tried contacting Typematrix support first, but unfortunately I didn't get any response so I'm trying my luck here.

My package is blocked since more than 10 days at the LA distribution center. Does anyone know how I can have more intel here ? In case the package remains there indefinitely, how can I ask for a refund ?

Thanks a lot,
Regards,

Aurelien

st3...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2022, 6:49:54 AM8/1/22
to TypeMatrix User Group
Was there an end to your story, Aurelien?

Chris Tophe

Aug 1, 2022, 6:54:47 AM8/1/22
to TypeMatrix User Group
They seems to be alive « enough » to offer recently a discount coupon by email
(… « Simply use coupon code 2022PRIME during checkout between now and the end of the week (7/17) to get this incredible deal. » … )
i doubt there will be a 2040, but i hope then still have the possibility to manufacture more 2030 in case there is enough demand!

AM215

Aug 1, 2022, 12:46:02 PM8/1/22
to TypeMatrix User Group
I ended up being contacted by the customs a few weeks ago and received it a few days later (I live in France)

The Typematrix support never reached out however. I’m glad that it all ended well but I wouldnt recommend trying your luck, seeing the total absence of customer service

Reinard Dolleschel

Aug 1, 2022, 5:03:51 PM8/1/22
to TypeMatrix User Group
Hi Aurelien,
I'm sorry you had a poor experience. May I ask how you reached out for support? TypeMatrix is usually pretty good at responding by email, but mistakes do happen. (I help out on the shipping side of things, so can only forward your message.)
Regarding things getting stuck in shipping, that unfortunately happens sometimes with USPS. The only thing we can do is open a ticket with them to "investigate", and they have 30 days to do so. We get no updates other than the tracking you can see online. We've had packages go around the world twice for no particular reason. And I can honestly say, that we have never gotten a useful response. After 30 days if the package is still not delivered, we can start the process of getting an insurance refund. Unfortunately the alternatives to USPS tend to charge 2-3 times as much, and the shipping cost is already so high that we're more or less stuck with them.
Again sorry for your experience, but TypeMatrix is still around.
-Reinard

AM215

Aug 2, 2022, 9:29:11 AM8/2/22
to TypeMatrix User Group
Hi Reinard,

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

I searched for the support section and could only find this form http://www.typematrix.com/support/contact.php so I guess that's the correct way to contact the support. I have tried at least 3 times to contact them and didn't get any answer. I tried my luck here in the end, but as you can see it wasn't a success either.

I do love the TypeMatrix keyboards, but I'd rather trust my own experience than an eventual answer arriving 2 month after my first attempt at contacting the customer service.

Anyway I've been thinking in building my own keyboard, I think that will be the next step :)

Best regards

Reinard Dolleschel

Aug 2, 2022, 4:28:18 PM8/2/22
to TypeMatrix User Group
Hi Aurelien,

Thanks for letting us know. Well that's embarrassing, it seems there is a problem with the web contact form, and unfortunately this is the first we're hearing of it. We're looking into it right away. I will mention that that page does list our phone numbers and email address as well, and the contact email is also at the bottom of every page, but that doesn't excuse that this form broke, and even worse, gives the impression it's working - very sorry about that. Not hearing from us for a long time with multiple attempts is definitely unusual though - we have interactions with customers every week, which is why I was so surprised by your message.

In any case, good luck with your keyboard project!

-Reinard

AM215

Aug 3, 2022, 4:00:27 AM8/3/22
to TypeMatrix User Group