shapeless derived typeclasses and cats Eq

Tim Pigden

Dec 11, 2015, 8:20:13 AM12/11/15
to Typelevel Users & Development List
One of the reasons I've previously not used Eq (from scalaz) was the effort of creating all those typeclasses.
Is there any reason why I shouldn't be able to use shapeless typeclass stuff in combination with cats Eq?

Cheers
Tim

Miles Sabin

Dec 12, 2015, 3:58:25 PM12/12/15
to Tim Pigden, Typelevel Users & Development List
Hi Tim,

This sort of conversation has moved to the shapeless (or cats) gitter channel,

https://gitter.im/milessabin/shapeless

But to briefly answer you question, see Kittens,

https://github.com/milessabin/kittens

and in particular,

https://github.com/milessabin/kittens/blob/master/core/src/main/scala/cats/derived/eq.scala

Cheers,