Local, irl, Auxilliary Meetings?

Shon Feder

Nov 3, 2015, 8:53:36 AM11/3/15
to Type Theory Study Group
Hi, All.

I am really excited about the upcoming inaugural meeting! I have already learned lots from reading the exchanges here and I'm grateful for the knowledge and motivating enthusiasm that's swirling around.

Do you think this would be an appropriate venue to arrange local meetings for auxiliary and supplementary discussion of the readings (and related issues)?

(I don't know if anyone else participating would be inclined to meet people in person, or if this is a particular yearning of mine owing to the fact that I am not currently involved in an academic or professional milieu where these kinds of topics get discussed.)

Craig Stuntz

Nov 3, 2015, 9:13:43 AM11/3/15
to Type Theory Study Group
If anyone else is in or around Columbus, Ohio, USA, I'd be happy to talk in person!

Shon Feder

Nov 3, 2015, 10:09:34 AM11/3/15
to Type Theory Study Group
I'd be pleased to meet with interested people around NYC or nearby locations.

Joseph Abrahamson

Nov 3, 2015, 1:57:32 PM11/3/15
to Craig Stuntz, Type Theory Study Group
This is a great idea.

I'm in Boston and would be very happy to do a live meetup.

Joseph Abrahamson
@tel / sdbo / jspha.com

Anthony McKinney

Nov 4, 2015, 6:13:46 AM11/4/15
to Type Theory Study Group
I also live in the Columbus area and would be willing to meet up if there is enough interest.

Mark Farrell

Nov 4, 2015, 9:48:12 AM11/4/15
to Type Theory Study Group
Sure! To my understanding, there is already a local meetup in Sydney related to the study group, for example: http://www.meetup.com/Sydney-Type-Theory/.

Jonathan Sterling

Nov 13, 2015, 7:05:24 PM11/13/15
to Type Theory Study Group
If anyone is in Portland, OR, I am happy to participate in some kind of type theory meetup.

best,
Jon

Moritz Kiefer

Nov 13, 2015, 7:22:22 PM11/13/15
to Type Theory Study Group
I'm in the south of Germany (Karlsruhe) if anybody wants to meet up.

Joseph Abrahamson

Nov 13, 2015, 7:32:43 PM11/13/15
to Moritz Kiefer, Type Theory Study Group
I mentioned it above, but I’ll reup it again, I’m in Boston and I’m sure we could grab some space at WeWork if anyone would like to join me in a local TTSG meetup here.

Cheers!

Joseph Abrahamson
@tel / sdbo / jspha.com

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 7:22 PM, Moritz Kiefer <moritz...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm in the south of Germany (Karlsruhe) if anybody wants to meet up.

Gary Fixler

Nov 13, 2015, 7:46:46 PM11/13/15
to Joseph Abrahamson, Moritz Kiefer, Type Theory Study Group
You must be able to find many people in Boston. Meetup.org has a
Haskell group of 560 members in Boston, including Edward Kmett.

-g
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/type-theory-study-group/1447461161921.c16741eb%40Nodemailer.

Joseph Abrahamson

Nov 13, 2015, 7:57:02 PM11/13/15
to Gary Fixler, Moritz Kiefer, Type Theory Study Group
Yeah, I’ve thought about crossposting to that group, but at the moment I’d rather reach out to those who’ve organically found TTSG. I can always plug the study group at one of the meetups sometime as well if we’d like to bring in even more interested folks.

Joseph Abrahamson
@tel / sdbo / jspha.com