Paper of the Week?

Mark Farrell

Dec 4, 2015, 9:05:35 AM12/4/15
to Type Theory Study Group
Would it be useful to have a "paper of the week" or that might otherwise enrich the current topics we are studying each session?

(e.g. Perhaps have a look at that POPL 2016 paper on a self-interpreter for F-omega in F-omega when we get there, some of the relevant papers of Per Martin-Löf, etc.)

-Mark

Danny Gratzer

Dec 4, 2015, 9:11:40 AM12/4/15
to Mark Farrell, Type Theory Study Group
While it is fun to have a paper of the week, I think logistically it may be a bit much. Especially considering
we haven't really stabilized the reading group yet. Also a large fraction of people in this group are just getting
started so if we hold off until we're a bit further a long the paper-reading would be accessible to a larger
fraction of the group.

Cheers,
Danny

Mark Farrell

Dec 4, 2015, 9:14:43 AM12/4/15
to Type Theory Study Group, m4fa...@csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Sure - just throwing the idea out there.

Craig Stuntz

Dec 4, 2015, 10:03:38 AM12/4/15
to Type Theory Study Group, m4fa...@csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Having a list of papers/books/lectures on the syllabus as optional reading would make a lot of sense, especially if ordered in some reasonable way to correspond with chapters and level of expertise required to read.