steel laced cantle belts

Dan Rick

Jan 13, 2003, 5:59:14 PM1/13/03
Hello,

Anyone know - is there anyone who still makes or has (as new old stock) the
old style steel or silver tape edge laced cantle men's western belts that
used to be common
as recently as a little more than a decade ago. Been told they disappeared
because
of problems fitting jeans belt loops... but seems to me that can't be the
whole story since
the Wrangler 13mwz among others still has the requisite 2 inch loops.

Thanks in advance
Dan

Ivor E. Black

Jan 13, 2003, 6:56:39 PM1/13/03
In article <6xHU9.7561$qU5.5...@newssrv26.news.prodigy.com>,
dan_...@ameritech.net says...

>Hello,
>
>Anyone know - is there anyone who still makes or has (as new old stock) the
>old style steel or silver tape edge laced cantle men's western belts

Try this web site, and others that cater to western tastes:

www.sheplers.com

Bill Cooke

Jan 14, 2003, 9:46:19 PM1/14/03
I can't visualize the belt your asking about. My best suggestion is a
custom Saddle Shop - one that also handcrafts smaller such items. I
use Bacon's Boots & Saddles in Globe Arizona which also carries name
brand retail Western Wear.

http://westernclothing.webshq.com/directory.php3?S=Arizona

http://www.beltmaster.com

http://www.looperleather.com

Dan Rick

Jan 15, 2003, 12:21:12 AM1/15/03
Found... at "The Leather Capital", Yoakum TX. Real nice folks, they will
look for what you are hunting for then call you back. The store's web site
www.theleathercapital.com is on the fritz right now, but a picture of one
made of imitation leather (The Leather Capital had the real mccoy) is at

http://www.cavenders.com/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=5005 (the second one).

Dan

"Bill Cooke" <bill_c...@yahoo.com> wrote in message