Re: Illinois Gov. Pritzker begs Texas Gov. Abbott to STOP sending migrants who've crossed the border while life-threatening winter storm tears through his state

1 view

Double The Buses!

Jan 13, 2024, 2:05:03 AMJan 13
On 19 May 2023, Lou Bricano <l...@cap.con> posted some
news:UpW9M.442445$ZnFc....@fx41.iad:

> Pritzker is a woke shitbag and deserves zero consideration. Double
> the buses!

The Governor of Illinois has begged Texas Governor Greg Abbott to stop
bussing migrants to his state ahead of a life-threatening winter storm.

Governor JB Pritzker warned carrying out the policy amid plunging
temperatures is jeopardizing the safety of migrant children and
families.

And with the mercury set to plummet even further at the weekend, he has
begged Abbott 'for mercy' on behalf of the thousands of migrants
arriving in Texas who are due to be sent off to Illinois' sanctuary
cities.

Storm Gerri has already brought extreme weather to the Midwest. On
Saturday temperatures in Chicago are expected to drop to just -2F. Many
of the migrants being dropped off in Illinois are arriving without coats
or winter shoes, Governor Pritzker warned.

'Please, while winter is threatening vulnerable people's lives, suspend
your transports and do not send more people to our state,' he wrote in
an open letter to Governor Abbot on Friday.

The Illinois official acknowledged the border situation for southern
states is 'untenable' and agreed both states feel there is a need for
federal reform on immigration.

'We should be able to come together in a bipartisan fashion to urge
Congress to act,' Pritzker wrote. 'But right now, we are talking about
human beings and their survival. I hope we can at least agree on saving
lives right now.

But he accused Abbott of using the migrant crisis to score political
points

'You seem to have no interest in working on bipartisan solutions to the
border crisis because that would put an end to your cruel political
game, but I am writing to you today hoping to appeal to your humanity,'
he added.

The policy of bussing migrants north to sanctuary cities such as
Chicago, Washington D.C. and New York began in 2022 under Operation
Lonestar.

Pritzker said the tactic had seen the state overwhelmed by drop-offs 'at
improper locations at all hours of the night' without any notice.

'As we grapple with the existing challenges of your ongoing manufactured
crisis, the next few days are a threat to the families and children you
are sending here. I am pleading with you to at least pause these
transports to save live,' Pritzker wrote.

He stated that the leaders should be able to 'come together in a
bipartisan fashion to urge Congress to act'.

Impeach Biden and Harris! Execute open border activists. Kill them
all.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12958091/Illinois-Gov-Pritzker-b
egs-Texas-Gov-Abbott-migrants-winter-storm.html