Why only tx.guns

bohab

Dec 13, 2005, 1:45:14 PM12/13/05
I've been subscribed to this newsgroup for almost 7 years.

Either I don't have full access to all the newsgroups out there
or tx.guns is the only state specific gun newsgroup.

Are there any other usenet gun groups out there besides
alt.politics guns, rec.guns and tx.guns?

Randy Howard

Dec 13, 2005, 2:07:50 PM12/13/05
bohab wrote
(in article <_EEnf.41704$Au1....@tornado.texas.rr.com>):

> I've been subscribed to this newsgroup for almost 7 years.

So you're new then.

> Either I don't have full access to all the newsgroups out there
> or tx.guns is the only state specific gun newsgroup.

So? Texas should be a country to itself anyway, and a rational
Texas populace would see that and secede from the rest of the
pathetic couch potatoes tomorrow.

> Are there any other usenet gun groups out there besides
> alt.politics guns, rec.guns and tx.guns?

Why do you care? Do you have a deep, unfilled need to discuss
firearms in Delaware?

--
Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)

Beemer Biker

Dec 13, 2005, 2:10:40 PM12/13/05
"bohab" <boha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

tx.motorcycles is on topic for guns, biker-chicks or motorcycles. We do
come down hard on posers who talk about guns or motorcycles but dont have
either. Wannaby biker-chicks are acceptible. You can ignore the TX as we
have regulars from canada and visitors from down under too.

Joseph "Beemer Biker" Stateson
http://TipsForTheComputingImpaired.com
http://ResearchRiders.org Ask about my 99'R1100RT

Don Staples

Dec 13, 2005, 2:19:02 PM12/13/05

"Randy Howard" <randy...@FOOverizonBAR.net> wrote in message

> bohab wrote
> (in article <_EEnf.41704$Au1....@tornado.texas.rr.com>):
>
>> I've been subscribed to this newsgroup for almost 7 years.
>
> So you're new then.
>
>> Either I don't have full access to all the newsgroups out there
>> or tx.guns is the only state specific gun newsgroup.
>
> So? Texas should be a country to itself anyway, and a rational
> Texas populace would see that and secede from the rest of the
> pathetic couch potatoes tomorrow.
>
>> Are there any other usenet gun groups out there besides
>> alt.politics guns, rec.guns and tx.guns?
>
> Why do you care? Do you have a deep, unfilled need to discuss
> firearms in Delaware?

My oh my Mr. Benny, a simple question is asked, and you unload some crap on
the man. Got your panties in a wad this morning?

bohab

Dec 13, 2005, 2:22:41 PM12/13/05

"Randy Howard" <randy...@FOOverizonBAR.net> wrote in message
> bohab wrote
> (in article <_EEnf.41704$Au1....@tornado.texas.rr.com>):
>
>> I've been subscribed to this newsgroup for almost 7 years.
>
> So you're new then.
>
>> Either I don't have full access to all the newsgroups out there
>> or tx.guns is the only state specific gun newsgroup.
>
> So? Texas should be a country to itself anyway, and a rational
> Texas populace would see that and secede from the rest of the
> pathetic couch potatoes tomorrow.
>
>> Are there any other usenet gun groups out there besides
>> alt.politics guns, rec.guns and tx.guns?
>
> Why do you care? Do you have a deep, unfilled need to discuss
> firearms in Delaware?

Yes I do.

Just thought it was curious that only one state out of 50 gets a gun related
newsgroup
full of crossposting trolls, leftists, and smarmy John Stovall wannabes.

Jarhead

Dec 13, 2005, 2:28:28 PM12/13/05

"bohab" <boha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

alt.rec.guns

--
Jarhead

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human
passions unbridled by morality and religion...Our Constitution was made
only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the
government of any other."
-John Adams

Sam A. Kersh

Dec 13, 2005, 2:43:14 PM12/13/05

Try talk.politics.guns, alt.guns, alt.politics.guns, alt.rec.guns, rec.guns, hunting.guns,

The list goes on....

Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron Member
L.E.A.A. Life Member
TSRA Life Member
GOA, JPFO, SAF
http://www.whoseparanoid.com/csmk
There's Room For All God's Creatures; Right Next To The Potatoes

Randy Howard

Dec 13, 2005, 2:51:33 PM12/13/05
Don Staples wrote
(in article <11pu7ks...@corp.supernews.com>):

What crap? I simply made a personal comment about Texas being a
state versus a country, and followed that up with a question
about why felt there was a need for more state-specific gun
groups. I wasn't upset, so you must be instead. Who has the
panty problem? :-)

Randy Howard

Dec 13, 2005, 2:54:34 PM12/13/05
bohab wrote
(in article <5cFnf.41712$Au1....@tornado.texas.rr.com>):

>>> Are there any other usenet gun groups out there besides
>>> alt.politics guns, rec.guns and tx.guns?
>>
>> Why do you care? Do you have a deep, unfilled need to discuss
>> firearms in Delaware?
>
> Yes I do.

Interesting. Well, perhaps you are unaware that you have the
opportunity to rectify that problem. Since the state
hierarchies are not part of the "Big Eight" newsgroups, it's
probably easier in most states than normal. Google for "create
newsgroup Usenet", etc.

> Just thought it was curious that only one state out of 50 gets a
> gun related newsgroup full of crossposting trolls, leftists, and
> smarmy John Stovall wannabes.

I guess that means only one state had someone willing to lobby
for the creation of the group, MANY years ago. Perhaps you will
start a few more. good luck.

bohab

Dec 13, 2005, 3:01:13 PM12/13/05

> bohab wrote
> (in article <5cFnf.41712$Au1....@tornado.texas.rr.com>):

>>> Why do you care? Do you have a deep, unfilled need to discuss
>>> firearms in Delaware?
>>
>> Yes I do.
>
> Interesting. Well, perhaps you are unaware that you have the
> opportunity to rectify that problem. Since the state
> hierarchies are not part of the "Big Eight" newsgroups, it's
> probably easier in most states than normal. Google for "create
> newsgroup Usenet", etc.
>
>> Just thought it was curious that only one state out of 50 gets a
>> gun related newsgroup full of crossposting trolls, leftists, and
>> smarmy John Stovall wannabes.
>
> I guess that means only one state had someone willing to lobby
> for the creation of the group, MANY years ago. Perhaps you will
> start a few more. good luck.

Thanks for the info.

I know some folks who are just now discovering usenet and were curious
as to why Texas gets a gun newsgroup and Idaho doesn't.

Of course if we get california.guns think of all the awful crossposted
garbage
we will have to endure.

Don Staples

Dec 13, 2005, 5:29:33 PM12/13/05

> Don Staples wrote
> (in article <11pu7ks...@corp.supernews.com>):
>

> What crap? I simply made a personal comment about Texas being a
> state versus a country, and followed that up with a question
> about why felt there was a need for more state-specific gun
> groups. I wasn't upset, so you must be instead. Who has the
> panty problem? :-)

This crap "Why do you care? Do you have a deep, unfilled need to discuss
firearms in Delaware?" You can, as a regular (regular what we are still
debating) at least answer with out editorials.

Rocky Top

Dec 13, 2005, 6:19:20 PM12/13/05

"bohab" <boha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I just searched the official ISC Usenet list and these gun groups
are what showed up:

alt.binaries.girls-and-guns
alt.binaries.pictures.guns
alt.guns
alt.politics.usa.constitution.gun-rights
alt.sport.air-guns
aus.politics.guns
can.talk.guns
clari.news.issues.guns
cz.rec.guns
free.uk.guns
free.uk.guns.politics
git.club.guns
info.firearms
info.firearms.politics
rec.guns
talk.politics.guns
tx.guns
uk.politics.guns

bohab

Dec 13, 2005, 6:46:42 PM12/13/05

"Rocky Top" <rock...@dellmail.com> wrote in message

Many of those groups have 0 post count or little gun content.
Just trolls, spam, bush bashing and moonbeam dingbat la la and rainbows.

I miss the days of fidonet where serious conversations could take place
without the constant shower of excrement.

Jim Casey

Dec 13, 2005, 8:40:44 PM12/13/05
bohab wrote:

> Are there any other usenet gun groups out there besides
> alt.politics guns, rec.guns and tx.guns?

There are about 100:
http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?lnk=srgmb&q=guns&hl=en

Most of them are full of garbage. I find moderated message boards more
informative.

- Jim

bohab

Dec 13, 2005, 8:54:06 PM12/13/05

"Jim Casey" <sea...@houston.rr.com> wrote in message

They have all turned to garbage save for rec.guns

The euro trash, nazi's and ultra leftist trolls moved into the neighborhoiod
drove out the serious posters and brought the property values way down.

OmManiPadmeOmelet

Dec 13, 2005, 10:00:17 PM12/13/05
In article <YFInf.6265$Jz6.1591@trnddc06>,
"Rocky Top" <rock...@dellmail.com> wrote:

Here is what shows up on Supernews:

alt.binaries.pictures.guns
alt.guns
alt.music.la-guns
alt.sex.guns
alt.sport.air-guns
alt.ultra-conservatives.crazies-with-guns
aus.politics.guns
can.talk.guns
dc.talk.guns
free.uk.guns
rec.guns
talk.politics.guns
tx.guns
uk.politics.guns

Looks like there are some variations on our servers. ;-)

Wonder what they talk about on alt.sex.guns??? <lol>
--
Om.

OmManiPadmeOmelet

Dec 13, 2005, 10:01:26 PM12/13/05
In article <11puu0s...@corp.supernews.com>,
Jim Casey <sea...@houston.rr.com> wrote:

Heh! ;-)
Too bad THIS one is not moderted eh?

There are always YahooGroups for e-mail disussion lists.
Since those are "owned", they tend to keep more on topic.

Cheers!

Jim Casey

Dec 14, 2005, 8:10:28 AM12/14/05
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> Too bad THIS one is not moderted eh?

The garbage in tx.guns is initiated by a few people, and it didn't take
me long to develop an effective killfile.

- Jim

OmManiPadmeOmelet

Dec 14, 2005, 9:29:15 AM12/14/05
In article <11q06e6...@corp.supernews.com>,
Jim Casey <sea...@houston.rr.com> wrote:

I know what you mean...
I finally killfiled The Lone Weasel and that helps, except for those
that keep ANSWERING his posts! :-(

Jim Casey

Dec 14, 2005, 10:13:27 AM12/14/05
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> I finally killfiled #### and that helps, except for those that keep
> ANSWERING his posts! :-(

Yeah, talk about an exercise in futility.

You have to wonder about people who piss off those they consider violent
gun nuts. Do they also go into biker bars and yell, "Harleys suck."

- Jim

OmManiPadmeOmelet

Dec 14, 2005, 11:24:00 AM12/14/05
In article <11q0dkm...@corp.supernews.com>,
Jim Casey <sea...@houston.rr.com> wrote:

One never knows what bored people do for entertainment eh? ;-)

Randy Howard

Dec 14, 2005, 11:45:02 AM12/14/05
Don Staples wrote
(in article <11puiq2...@corp.supernews.com>):

> "Randy Howard" <randy...@FOOverizonBAR.net> wrote in message
>> Don Staples wrote
>> (in article <11pu7ks...@corp.supernews.com>):
>>

>> What crap? I simply made a personal comment about Texas being a
>> state versus a country, and followed that up with a question
>> about why felt there was a need for more state-specific gun
>> groups. I wasn't upset, so you must be instead. Who has the
>> panty problem? :-)
>

> This crap "Why do you care?

That was a legit question. If you don't like it, that's your
problem, not mine.

> "Do you have a deep, unfilled need to discuss firearms in Delaware?"

That was a somewhat less serious question, aimed at wondering
how many state-specific groups were really needed. Again, if
you don't like the question, that's your problem, not mine.

> You can, as a regular (regular what we are still
> debating) at least answer with out editorials.

I can answer in any way I please.

Randy Howard

Dec 14, 2005, 11:47:28 AM12/14/05
bohab wrote
(in article <dMFnf.41718$Au1....@tornado.texas.rr.com>):

> "Randy Howard" <randy...@FOOverizonBAR.net> wrote in message

>> Interesting. Well, perhaps you are unaware that you have the
>> opportunity to rectify that problem. Since the state
>> hierarchies are not part of the "Big Eight" newsgroups, it's
>> probably easier in most states than normal. Google for "create
>> newsgroup Usenet", etc.
>>
>>> Just thought it was curious that only one state out of 50 gets a
>>> gun related newsgroup full of crossposting trolls, leftists, and
>>> smarmy John Stovall wannabes.
>>
>> I guess that means only one state had someone willing to lobby
>> for the creation of the group, MANY years ago. Perhaps you will
>> start a few more. good luck.
>>

> Thanks for the info.

No problem, glad to provide it, despite net.nanny interjections
from the peanut gallery.

> I know some folks who are just now discovering usenet and were curious
> as to why Texas gets a gun newsgroup and Idaho doesn't.

Idaho /probably/ doesn't have a very large Usenet user
community, but you never know.

> Of course if we get california.guns think of all the awful crossposted
> garbage we will have to endure.

*shudder*

I suspect the entire california.* hierarchy would suffer from a
lot of garbage, regardless of the chartered topic.

Randy Howard

Dec 14, 2005, 11:52:08 AM12/14/05
bohab wrote
(in article <C3Jnf.47216$%i.3...@tornado.texas.rr.com>):

>> I just searched the official ISC Usenet list and these gun groups
>> are what showed up:
>>
>> alt.binaries.girls-and-guns
>> alt.binaries.pictures.guns
>> alt.guns
>> alt.politics.usa.constitution.gun-rights
>> alt.sport.air-guns
>> aus.politics.guns
>> can.talk.guns
>> clari.news.issues.guns
>> cz.rec.guns
>> free.uk.guns
>> free.uk.guns.politics
>> git.club.guns
>> info.firearms
>> info.firearms.politics
>> rec.guns
>> talk.politics.guns
>> tx.guns
>> uk.politics.guns
>
> Many of those groups have 0 post count or little gun content.

Some folks think the same could be said for tx.guns of recent
years, especially the post-AOL years. :-)

> Just trolls, spam, bush bashing and moonbeam dingbat la la and rainbows.

LOL

> I miss the days of fidonet where serious conversations could take place
> without the constant shower of excrement.

Several things were going on back then, but fidonet was not
completely free of BS either. However, it had a much, much
higher s/n than we have today. Partly because the traffic
volume was lower, and the folks participating represented a much
smaller segment of the general population, one more technically
savvy, with equipment that was much more expensive at the time
than computer hardware today.

Now, any moron can buy a computer for $500 and start to spout
off to an audience on Usenet, where in real life, nobody would
give them the time of day.

Randy Howard

Dec 14, 2005, 11:54:38 AM12/14/05
bohab wrote
(in article <2XKnf.49814$Ox.1...@tornado.texas.rr.com>):

> "Jim Casey" <sea...@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
>> bohab wrote:
>>
>>> Are there any other usenet gun groups out there besides
>>> alt.politics guns, rec.guns and tx.guns?
>>
>> There are about 100:
>> http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?lnk=srgmb&q=guns&hl=en
>>
>> Most of them are full of garbage. I find moderated message boards more
>> informative.
>>
>> - Jim
>
> They have all turned to garbage save for rec.guns

IOW, with a few exceptions, only moderated newsgroups are able
to withstand the onslaught of spam and trolls. Fortunately,
despite the fact that it is trivially easy to spam a moderated
group, most of these dolts aren't familiar with how to do so. I
am somewhat amazed (yet glad) that the particulars of how to
accomplish that aren't understood by those folks.

Message has been deleted

Jim Casey

Dec 14, 2005, 2:26:38 PM12/14/05
Randy Howard wrote:

> ... despite the fact that it is trivially easy to spam a moderated

> group, most of these dolts aren't familiar with how to do so. I
> am somewhat amazed (yet glad) that the particulars of how to
> accomplish that aren't understood by those folks.

True spammers (XXX, See Alice, etc.), though despicable, probably
realize that it's not worth the effort of spamming rec.guns because they
would not get the response that they are looking for. Spammers depend
upon ignoramuses and desperate people (broke, fat, bald, impotent guys)
to follow their links or buy their crap.

Most of the pollution in this newsgroup is from trolls who are looking
for follow-ups to gratify them.

On the subject of why other states would want or need local gun groups
and why someone from Texas would be interested in them -- California,
Florida, and Virginia have large, tech-savvy populations of shootists
and I'm surprised they don't have local groups. (They might have Yahoo
groups or something. I'm too lazy to look.)

California is in dire need of political motivation. The CRPA is fairly
active. I hear interviews with their members on NRA News frequently.

Interstate questions pop up in rec.guns all the time, for example, "I'll
be visiting Las Vegas for a couple of weeks. Is there a good place to
go shooting in the desert?" It's hard to find that kind of information
on the web.

- Jim

Randy Howard

Dec 14, 2005, 4:33:21 PM12/14/05
LC wrote
(in article
<1134584454.3...@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>):

> Randy Howard wrote:
>>> They have all turned to garbage save for rec.guns
>>
>> IOW, with a few exceptions, only moderated newsgroups are able
>> to withstand the onslaught of spam and trolls. Fortunately,
>> despite the fact that it is trivially easy to spam a moderated
>> group, most of these dolts aren't familiar with how to do so. I
>> am somewhat amazed (yet glad) that the particulars of how to
>> accomplish that aren't understood by those folks.
>>

> Maybe it's because of assholes like yourself, who believe anyone who
> disagrees with the majority of people posting must be trolling.

What does my opinion of whether or not a particular post is
trolling or not has any opinion whatsoever relative to the
rarity of such posters having the ability to bypass the
restrictions in moderated newsgroups?

Or, are you just feeling insulted because you don't know how to
do something so trivial yourself?

Alann Donald

Jan 12, 2023, 2:12:09 PM1/12/23
We are licensed arm dealers located in Colorado USA. And we have a variety of GUNS & AMMUNITIONS.
Visit our website by hitting the link.

https://rageammostore.com/