ICTWS student travel application announcement and other reminders!

Justin Shew

Mar 8, 2023, 11:02:41 AM3/8/23
to twsil...@googlegroups.com

Dear ICTWS members,

Ahead of the upcoming meeting and the executive board’s busy season, we have a few announcements and reminders for all of you. Again don’t hesitate to reach out to me with any questions!

  1. STUDENT TRAVEL AWARDS - The ICTWS executive board is pleased to announce the call for student travel applications to support student travel to the upcoming meeting. Applications are due April 9th. Student travel awards will be capped at $300 dollars per student and total funding will be limited to $1500 across all students - so definitely apply sooner rather than later. Students do not have to be a current ICTWS member and their registration for the meeting will automatically make them a member.  Please see the google form to apply and more details.

  1. eNEWSLETTER CONTENT - We plan to release the upcoming winter/spring eNewsletter very shortly. Please send any pertinent announcements (e.g. upcoming events/talks), opportunities, stories, photos, and recent member publications (peer-reviewed or popular) to Kirk Stodola at ksto...@illinois.edu ASAP.

  1. ORAL TALKS NEEDED - Thank you for the wonderful abstract submission response! We have many entries and are still looking for a few more talks to round out our schedule for the upcoming meeting. We are leaving the abstract submissions open until this Friday, March 10th. Note: if we don’t get enough talks we may be reaching out to the poster presenters to consider an oral talk!

  1. I-HOTEL BLOCK RATE DEADLINE APPROACHING – Remember the block rate deadline is March 17th to secure your room at a reduced rate at the I-Hotel, which is directly connected to the Illinois Conference Center. Please visit our MEETING WEBSITE for booking details and to register for the upcoming annual meeting in Champaign (April 16-18, 2023).

  1. DRONE CERTIFICATION – There is still space for the first-come-first-serve drone certification reimbursement opportunity! Act fast to get your certification fully reimbursed by ICTWS. Use this LINK to register today!

Best,

Justin Shew (ICTWS President) js...@lc.edu

This communication, along with any attachments, is covered by federal and state law governing electronic communications and may contain confidential and legally privileged information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please reply immediately to the sender and delete this message. Thank you.