60th Annual Illinois Chapter of the Wildlife Society Meeting and Chapter By-laws

Illinois Chapter of The Wildlife Society

Mar 18, 2024, 7:30:26 AMMar 18
to twsil...@googlegroups.com
Illinois TWS Chapter members -
Wednesday is the last day to submit an abstract for the annual conference at Starved Rock. Get your abstracts in now. Additionally, we, the executive board will be asking members to approve changes to the Chapter’s By-laws at our annual business meeting on April 16th. Specifically, we are seeking to change our chapter by-laws as it pertains to voting on future executive board members. Based on limited member interest in taking on leadership roles within the chapter, the executive board wants to relax the candidate criteria and make our by--laws more in line with other states.  The second change we wish to make pertains to the Chapter’s finances. We would like to provide flexibility in where the Chapter’s finances can be placed. We believe this change is necessary so that Chapter funds could be placed in an account where passive funds can be generated. The two proposed changes are as follows.

1.    We will be seeking member approval to make 2 omissions to Article VI, section 1. The current wording with highlighted deletions are as follows:

Section 1. NOMINATING AND ELECTIONS COMMITTEE -The 3-member Nominating and Elections Committee, selected by the Executive Board (Article V, Section 1) of the Chapter, shall prepare a slate of 2 candidates for each of the elective positions, namely: President-Elect, Secretary-Treasurer, and 2 additional Executive Board members (Council Members) from the Chapter Voting Membership.

Proposed change:

Section 1. NOMINATING AND ELECTIONS COMMITTEE -The 3-member Nominating and Elections Committee, selected by the Executive Board (Article V, Section 1) of the Chapter, shall prepare a slate of candidates for each of the elective positions, namely: President-Elect, Secretary-Treasurer, and Executive Board members (Council Members) from the Chapter Voting Membership.

2.    We will be seeking member approval to change ARTICLE VIII. MANAGEMENT AND FINANCES. SECTION 2. FINANCE. CLAUSE C – The current wording is as follows:

CLAUSE C. Funds shall be placed in a federally-insured bank or savings and loan association.

Proposed Change with highlighted addition:

CLAUSE C. Funds shall be placed in a federally-insured bank, savings and loan association, brokerage account, or other financial institution.

Please let me know if you have any questions - Kirk

Kirk Stodola (ILTWS President)