Recovering America's Wildlife Act

Scott Meister

Nov 30, 2022, 3:47:32 PM11/30/22
to twsil...@googlegroups.com

Illinois Wildlifers,

The 117th Congress is scheduled to adjourn at the beginning of 2023 and a final push to pass the Recovering America’s Wildlife Act (RAWA) is underway.  In June 2022, the U.S. House of Representatives passed RAWA (H.R. 2773), and RAWA supporters are optimistic the Senate’s version of the bill (S. 2372) will be considered before adjourning.   If passed, RAWA could provide over $36 million annually to the State of Illinois for wildlife conservation.  For more information on RAWA please visit TWS’ page here.

TWS units and their members are encouraged to take action by contacting their Senators to urge a vote on RAWA.  As your Conservation Affairs Representative, I will take the following actions on the chapter’s behalf:

  • Email the attached letters to the environmental staff of Senators Dick Durbin and Tammy Duckworth.
  • Call the Washington offices of Senators Durbin and Duckworth urging floor action.
  • Sign-on to a RAWA support letter organized by the Alliance for America’s Fish & Wildlife to be delivered to Congressional leadership.

As individuals, TWS members can act by:

  • Utilize the Alliance for America’s Fish & Wildlife action alert center to email a message to our senators.

Please let me know if you have any questions about RAWA.  Thank you!

Scott Meister, CWB®

Conservation Affairs Representative

Illinois Chapter of The Wildlife Society

630-933-7081

smei...@dupageforest.org

Save a tree. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, privileged or other information, protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Duckworth RAWA support letter S.2372.pdf
Durbin RAWA support letter S.2372.pdf