ICTWS Drone (UAVs) Certification Reimbursement Opportunity! (first-come-first-serve)

Justin Shew

Mar 2, 2023, 9:56:02 PM3/2/23
to twsil...@googlegroups.com

Dear ICTWS members,

Bob Bluett your council-member-at-large is again helping initiate continuing education opportunities for ICTWS members. This certification reimbursement opportunity also complements the drone symposium he is organizing for the upcoming annual meeting! This is a first-come-first-serve opportunity so act fast! Read the details carefully below. Let us know if you have any questions.

Best,

Justin  (ICTWS president) - js...@lc.edu

Upcoming ICTWS annual meeting facebook event link (share and like!)

----

I want to fly a drone!

Drones are finding new applications and acceptance in the wildlife community.

For many applications in our profession, flying a drone requires completion of Federal Aviation Administration 107 Drone Pilot Training.  Your interests might involve creds for job applications, better efficiency for certain tasks, or moving up the list on equipment requests.

Tuition Reimbursement!  The Board of ICTWS approved reimbursement of tuition fees for up to 10 people (max. $2K) who complete an online course that conveys FAA 107 certification.

Our offer has some strings.  You must:

We are not limiting our offer to specific online courses.  Here are some possibilities to consider:

Part 107 Commercial Drone Pilot License Course - Pilot Institute

Get Started - Drone Pilot Ground School

Become a Drone Pilot | Federal Aviation Administration (faa.gov)

Annual Meeting Mini-symposium

A mini-symposium about applications of drones will occur at the annual meeting on Tuesday morning (18 April 2023).  So far, we have commitments from three presenters and are the hunt for a fourth. Please let us know if you have any recommendations in mind for both a presenters and field support. So far…

  • Yun Zhao (UIS) Habitat mapping
  • Scott Beckerman (USDA-APHIS) Wildlife Damage Management
  • Ryan Cruz (Wildlifedrones) Radiotelemetry

Annual Meeting Field Exercise???

Weather could cancel and we are still on the hunt for instructors who can provide drones for personal instruction.  More to come.

This communication, along with any attachments, is covered by federal and state law governing electronic communications and may contain confidential and legally privileged information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please reply immediately to the sender and delete this message. Thank you.