ICTWS Student Travel Award Due Date Correction (April 2), Silent Auction Call, I-Hotel Block Rate Deadline this FRIDAY

Justin Shew

Mar 15, 2023, 12:14:33 PM3/15/23
to twsil...@googlegroups.com

Dear ICTWS members,

Just want to make a correction on the student travel awards. They are due April 2nd. Previously I said they were due on the 9th of April and this was a mistake.

Also, please be aware that the I-Hotel block rate deadline is this FRIDAY. To secure your room at the reduced rate please book by this Friday. You can always cancel 24 hours before arrival to get a refund. ACT FAST BEFORE THE BLOCK RUNS OUT (39 nights still available).

  1. STUDENT TRAVEL AWARDS - The ICTWS executive board is pleased to announce the call for student travel applications to support student travel to the upcoming meeting. Applications are due April 2nd. Student travel awards will be capped at $300 dollars per student and total funding will be limited to $1500 across all students - so definitely apply sooner rather than later. Students do not have to be a current ICTWS member and their registration for the meeting will automatically make them a member.  Please see the google form to apply and more details.

  1. I-HOTEL BLOCK RATE DEADLINE APPROACHING – Remember the block rate deadline is March 17th (THIS FRIDAY) to secure your room at a reduced rate at the I-Hotel, which is directly connected to the Illinois Conference Center. Please visit our MEETING WEBSITE for booking details (direct link below) and to register for the upcoming annual meeting in Champaign (April 16-18, 2023).

Reservation Link: https://book.rguest.com/wbe/group/1907/stayatthei/auth

Block Code: ILLWILDLIFE23

Guest Password: 3!kta

  1. SILENT AUCTIOIN & RAFFLE ITEM CALL – Would you be willing to donate an item or items for the silent auction at this year’s annual meeting to help fund the ICTWS Student Travel Grant Program?  Please consider bringing an item or two to the annual meeting.  Looking forward to seeing your interesting finds! Maureen Hurd (mauree...@illinois.gov) is helping coordinate the silent auction and raffle. Questions can be directed to her.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Justin Shew (ICTWS President) js...@lc.edu

Justin J. Shew, PhD | he/him | Conservation Program Manager

National Great Rivers Research and Education Center

Google Scholar | ResearchGate

Email: js...@lc.edu | Office: (618) 468-2843 | Cell: 314-520-8786 | www.ngrrec.org

Jerry F. Costello Confluence Field Station

1 Confluence Way, East Alton, IL 62024

cid:image005.png@01D88645.A46F4290      LCCClogo

This communication, along with any attachments, is covered by federal and state law governing electronic communications and may contain confidential and legally privileged information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please reply immediately to the sender and delete this message. Thank you.