Safety Comes from the Lord.

Betsy

Jul 14, 2009, 1:49:13 PM7/14/09
to Two or Three
"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me
dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

What a great verse. Our safety and security are in the Lord. He is the
One who makes us dwell in safety. He watches over us while we sleep
and gives His angels charge over us.

I like security; Alarm systems are good. I like to know karate, and
how to shoot a gun and how to carry myself in a way that deters
predators. I like to be alert and aware of all that's going on around
me. What it boils down to though is: God is my strong tower and
protection. Though those other things may be good, God is the One who
ultimately protects me. I can rest securely, knowing my loving Father
watches over me.

Know: My Father God is my protection and safety.

Do: Sleep in peace, with my trust in Him, for He is watching over me.